Thursday, March 03, 2011

The post in which I talk about snot too much

Today, I am officially back. I know, I know I've said it before & even blogged about being back. But really I am, I feel so lonely without my blog, does that make sense? I still blog hop all the time, there are several that I read weekly. ie... Kellys Corner, The Finish line Diaries, MckMama, Mad Boastings of a Cheapskate mom, I'm a Baker and many more. But after a loooong hiatus I am back. I am sure my mother will be very happy.

It seems like the last few months we've been sick, sick, sick. Even as I type this latest blog the kids are all sick. In fact today I took Ellia and Micah to doctor, where they were pronounced with ear infections and sinus infection.

The last 6 days have been a struggle for me. A struggle because when the kids get sick who do they want?? You guessed it, Mama. And that would be okay if I didn't have 3 children, a house, a husband, a dog and a business to run all of which need my attention too. And of all things I dislike, snotty noses I dislike the MOST. I don't know why, but that oozy, gooey, slimy crap that drains from those two potholes we call nostrils drives me crazy! Never have and never will be a snot fan. Which in the last 6 days I have had to deal with a ton. I mean we could probably have filled two sippy cups with that crap this past week....and I am not kidding either.
However, I did not start blogging again to talk about my dislike of snot. No, I started blogging again because I have much that has been stirring inside of me. Much that I want to put out there. For who you ask? I know most of my friends/followers have stopped reading or rather checking in. No, I am starting back up for me.... This is afterall my blog where I vent, rant, share my thoughts, share my kid stories & show off my beautiful family. But it is also my therapy. And cheap therapy is always a good thing.


This week my mother inlaw told me "this is the time for which you were called to be a mother", meaning not just in the good times, but in the bad, sickness & in health. Just like my wedding vows. Yes, my kids are sick. Yes, they are whiny. Yes, they are snotty messes. Yes, they are at times driving me crazy all being sick & I feel like it will never end. Yes, I have raised the white flag and am screaming....I surrender!

BUT


They are sick, they are whiny, they are snotty messes and you know what, they need Mama. And when you are sick Mama is the only one you want. And they will only be this little for a short period. Will I be able to rock them, rub their backs, wipe their snotty noses, whisper "I love you" into their ears & just cuddle them close when they are 15 and sick? I think not.

So as much as I want to run, hide & just give up I push through. I push through the tiredness of late nights, I push through all the snot, I push through the whiny voices & hold onto the fact that I am their one and only Mama. And this is what I prayed for, this is what I hoped for - in sickness and health.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so profound and touches even my deepest nerve. I can feel all the emition in this blog. Amazing Team D.

Christabelle said...

Yes, you are their Mama for a reason! And there is joy amidst the trials. I hope you guys feel better soon.