Nope I tell you this because in the last 24hrs we have made 2 trips to the doctor for nose extractions. Neither time did we actually have to have a nose extraction but none the less we have made the trips.
Yesterday, G & G came over for a couple of hours. We went to the park to play and had a lot of fun. Grandpa sat between the girls in the backseat....quite a sight. (I forgot camera to take a picture) But imagine a full grown man squeezed into a seat meant for a 5yr old....with his arms resting above his shoulders on top of the girls car seats.
On the way home Ellia was playing with a foam letter "S" she found in the car. Cause you mom's know how you find odd things in the car. She tore it in half and was playing with it. We pull into the driveway and unload. As we are unloading Ellia starts crying about her nose. I think "Ohh her nose & fingers are cold" I tell her it'll be better once we get into the house. She keeps crying and crying. Big tears. Then as we get into the house she says "get it out". I sit her on the counter and look in her nose. I don't see anything. I tell her to blow...nothing comes out. She is still crying and saying "get it out" - I ask her "did you put something in your nose?" and she says "Yes".
Grandpa goes out to the car and finds the torn in two "S" and brings it in. We notice a chunk is missing. We ask her if that is what she stuck up there, and she says "Yes".
By this time Grandma is on the phone with the nurse who says she must be seen cause she could suck it into her lungs. So Grandpa and I head to the walk in clinic while Grandma stays behind to feed Addie dinner. We arrive and find out the wait is 1.5hrs. Great!
We settle in for our wait. And let me tell you find some interesting people at the walk-in-clinic at 6:30 at night....well at least this one. Long story short, after an hour of dancing & jumping around the foam dislodged itself and fell out. Grandpa and I looked at each other, picked up our stuff and walked out. Glad to not have to wait any longer.
The culprit - finally out
Bill gets home later, sits Ellia down and tells her "We do not put things up our nose" and she says okay. He sounds like a song off of Yo, Gabba Gabba. We think it's over, even though everyone on FB says once a kid does this they become repeat offenders. I shrug it off and think "not Ellia"
WRONG!! This morning she asked to play with play dough. So I giver her some and a few minutes later she is crying and saying some of it is in her nose. I try to get her blow and blow, holding one nostril. Nothing except pink snot comes out...the play dough was red. I call G & G because of all days, Bill drove my car to work. So I have no car. By this point I am just frustrated & mad. Last night I was worried, concerned, scared etc. Which caused me to have contractions. But today I am just done, done with the whole mess. And flabbergasted that she would do this 2x in 24hrs.
G & G arrive and Grandpa and I trek down for another 1.5hr wait. This time we are seen and they can see remnants of play dough in her nostrils but no big clumps. We leave with a RX for ear infection, cause low & behold she has one. So I guess not a wasted trip but none the less not how I wanted to spend my afternoon!! Nor I'm sure did G & G. But I am thankful they were home & available to come out.
I am hoping this is it. I am hoping that we do not have to go through this again!!

2 comments:
oh my word!! that is hilarious. (from the outside) So sorry! How awesome of John and Jeannette too. Hope you have no more 'nose' incidents!!
Praying for incident-free noses in the future! :)
Post a Comment