Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010 Goals, dreams & desires

Before I jump right in with my goals for 2010 I want to take a few moments to remember what I am thankful for this past year.



1. I am thankful for my wonderful husband. He is my biggest cheerleader (minus the outfit), my Best Friend, confidant and constant reminder of what it means to have Grace. If any man knows about Grace it's him. He is the first to give Grace out to those who most times do not need or deserve it. I honestly think he carries a Master Grace Giver card in his wallet next to his license and Costco card. I am also so thankful for all the sacrifices he makes for our family including enabling me to stay home with our children.


2. I am thankful for our two little girls. Ellia and Addie you make me smile, laugh and sometimes cry every day. But it is pure joy. And I am so thankful that I get to be home with them each and every day to watch them grow up. Especially for the times like this morning when Ellia stood on top of the potty chair and sang "Jesus and Santa are coming to town" (didn't you know they both come to town this time of year?) and then took a bow saying "Thank You"

3. For our newest family member joining us in the Spring 2010 - our Son!


4. For our families. They are so wonderful and supportive. Always there for us when we call and even when we don't. Their unconditional love & support are truly a blessing in our lives.

5. I am so Thankful for the Lord. How he is there even when I feel like no one else is. Thankful that he was born & rose again so that I can write these goals.



Goals or Desires for 2010
See I always set these lofty goals and hardly ever meet them. So maybe if I call them desires then that will help me to obtain them.



1. Finish Addie's 1st year scrapbook and start one for our son. And start our family album

2. Become a more loving wife. One who is slower to react (Bill would be happy with just this one), who listens better and with baby#3 coming we need more one-on-one time together. I want to help make this possible. Even if it's just going to coffee together for an hour. I want to be the nurturer of our relationship and to show Bill how much he really means to me. I know he knows this but I want to show him more with actions & not just words.

3. Be a better mother. Although I am home with the girls every day sometimes I am just here existing. Not really with them. Sometimes things like the computer take precious time from them. And with baby#3 coming I really want to cherish more time with them. I want to visit the library, Zoo, Fire Department, etc...really spend quality time with them. And I want to start spending one on one time with each child alone. To encourage that mother/daughter/son relationship.

4. Be a better Daughter, Sister, DIL, SIL and friend. I am so bad at these and sometimes all at the same time. Life gets so busy and I am sad to say I get caught up in myself and our family that I neglect those closest to me. I sometimes say the wrong things & am not always nice about it. I want to try to be better. Try to see people more with the Lord's eyes.


5. Spend more time with the Lord. I have neglected him a lot this year. And I need/want to really establish a prayer time with him each and every day. I want to get to know Him and his word better this year.





There you have it my goals/desires for 2010. What are yours?


No comments: