Thankful For:
My nice & warm house. The storm last night and earlier today sounded nasty & looked worse. I am so glad to have a place to call "home".
Listening To:
The girls play quietly with each other....oops scratch that. Ellia just got on the musical train and is riding around the house. And I just happened to look over and Addie is on the ottoman, on top of it. How did she get up there????? She just said "uh ohhh"
What's for dinner:
Today, I made a double batch of Chicken, Broccoli, cheesy rice casserole. I offered to take dinner to a fellow MOPS mom who is very sick with morning sickness during this pregnancy. So I made up a double batch. As I type dinner is in the oven & the kitchen is clean. WooHooo!!
Looking forward to:
Tomorrow morning we are getting family pictures taken. Just Bill, myself and the girls. It's a MOPS fundraiser. Pay $35 for a 20 minute photo shoot & you get the CD with the pictures on it. And $25 bucks goes back into our MOPS budget. I am hoping the girls cooperate and do okay. I bought them matching shirts. Now I just have to figure out what Bill and I are going to wear.
I am needing or wanting:
A pedicure. It's been too long! Our new budget doesn't allow for these kinda of frivolous things so I will have to just do them myself. But the idea of going to a salon, relaxing with a magazine, latte in hand & being pampered sounds so good right now!
Missing:
My Lexus SUV. We sold it this morning. I didn't think I was going to be sad about seeing it go. But I am. That car was my transition car from being single & free to married & with children. It was a smooth transition and I fell in love with it. I realize that 3 children will not fit into that car and so it's impractical. And besides that the car payment each month was killing us. Good bye Pearl you will be missed.
Quote of the day/week:
Ellia "Mama me help you cook"
Me "okay, sweetie"
Ellia "and daddy will eat"
Me "Yes, daddy will eat dinner with all of us"
Ellia "Noooo, daddy eat with YaYa (how she says her name), not mama & Addie"
Well okay then, Daddy can eat dinner with just YaYa
1 comment:
I know I've said this before, but welcome to Club Minivan! You will enjoy it, I'm sure, but I still miss my pre-van cars every once in a while...
Post a Comment