So in anticipation of pictures I bought the girls matching shirts & coordinated our clothes to match them. It was all going perfectly in my mind for our annual Christmas card photo. That is until we got there......
Ellia immediately decided she did not want to participate in family photos. She ran around the room, tried to play with the lights, took off her shoes, wanted to see the camera and just generally was a bit out of control. Addie was great for the first little bit but then she too decided this picture idea wasn't fun any longer either.
Sadly, I commented that our girls were acting like "Brats" to which the photographer told me not to worry, that all kids act like this at this age when it comes time for pictures.
As we walked out to the car Ellia said to me " Mama I love you" and as I buckled her into her car seat I told her I loved her too but "Mama is mad at you right now for your behavior"
To which she immediately replied "No, Mama YaYa (this is what she calls herself) mad at you"
Bill immediately started laughing, Addie followed suit b/c she laughs at anyone who laughs and Ellia then started laughing. As I climbed into the car Bill said to me "Laugh honey, you need to lighten up it was just a picture."
In that moment I needed to laugh because staying frustrated & mad wasn't going to help me or our family. And God used my two year old to give me a kick in the pants.
p.s. I heard from friends that some of their children acted up too that day, at least we weren't the only ones whose kids didn't cooperate.
No comments:
Post a Comment