Yesterday we had family pictures over on Bainbridge Island. I did NOT obsess about what Bill, the girls & I would wear for like 3 days straight. In the end we all looked great.
And when the girls did NOT nap yesterday I did NOT have a freak out in the car on the way to the photographer & almost break down crying. Because I knew these pictures were important to my MIL and wanted everything to be just perfect. My loving husband reminded me that our girls are still babies and aren't suppose to be perfect. Life isn't perfect & he calmed down from the edge of insanity & tears. (I love him)
This week I did NOT find a Little Tykes play set (check it out here at the link - our's is missing the swings) at a garage sale for $25 and I did NOT talk the lady down to $20 bucks. And then once our neighbor helped us get it home I did NOT spend all afternoon scrubbing the dirty thing down so Ellia could play on it when she got up from her nap. Why would I spend 1.5hrs of hard man power scrubbing when my neighbors told me I could borrow their pressure washer??? Insane in the membrane ........that's me.
After visiting the doctor for the girls 6month & 18 month appointments (and they were NOT 1 month past due for these) I did NOT call my friend and almost burst into tears b/c I thought the doctor said the girls were "Fat". And then I did NOT proceed to analyze everything I feed them over the phone with her & continue obsessing late into the evening.
I am NOT freaked out about camping with 2 little girls, in a tent & for 5 days & 4nights. I have NOT been compiling lists after list all week. I know I will have fun once we get there but at this point the getting ready & packing isn't my favorite thing AT ALL!!!!!!
2 comments:
Your girls are adorable and I'm sure your photos turned out great. Happy NMM!
trader joes has yummy 'quick' (er) steel cut oats. We had that with flax meal, crushed almonds, dried cranberries, and berries this morning and it was so YUMMY! the boys devoured it. traders has great stuff in the 'granola'-ish department.
Post a Comment