Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Granola Mama - wannabe

So yesterday at the grocery store I checked out Steel Cut Oats - why?? I have been wondering what these were exactly after hearing about them on MckMama's blog. She puts them in the crock pot over night with raisins. When she awakes she has fresh & hot oatmeal cereal. And this Mama loves the crock pot cooking recipes. In fact, I have corned beef, cabbage & potato's in right now. Mmmm, can't wait for dinner.

So then last night I cooked grilled chicken breasts, corn on the cob, steamed broccoli & couscous. Bill and Ellia did not care for the couscous. And Ellia just ate the broccoli & corn - our little vegetarian.

Today for lunch I took the left over cold couscous, added orange bell pepper, cut up cucumber, & chopped fresh broccoli. To which I then added fresh squeezed lemon juice. It was so yummy!!!

I tell you all this because could I possibly (gasp) be trying to be more Fresh & Granola. Well, it is a healthier way to eat. And I do want to be healthier & I do care about what goes into my girls mouth's. I've always wanted to try to eat more raw things & use flax seed more. Remember, I did make all Ellia's first baby foods from fresh organic vegetables. (Addie wasn't as lucky - bring on the Gerber jars!)

Then today while I ate my healthy couscous lunch I surfed the net, checked email, checked FB & read blogs. And what did MckMama blog about today......CousCous!!! It's a sign!

MckMama inspires me but can I do it??? Guess, we'll just have to see how it goes after we get back from camping and we've loaded up on our share of smores, hot dogs, chips, candy, soda, brownies & any other camp food we can get our hands on.




1 comment:

SarahDB said...

Let me know how it goes! I am trying to do that with our food too, but I can never think of what to cook. I think your couscous sounds delicious!