Thursday, April 09, 2009

6months old today




Our sweet Addie turns 6months old today. She is such a joy to watch grow each day. Just yesterday she got her first tooth! This post is dedicated to her.

Adilynn, what a impact you have made on our family. Everyday I fall more and more in love with you. You came into our lives a bit of a surprise but such a good surprise. I cannot imagine our family without you.

Your smile melts my heart every time. Your laugh is contagious and even your Big sister finds herself laughing when you laugh. Your little grunty noises - the ones your dad doesn't like - those ones are the best. It lets me know you are playing & having fun. Your HIGH pitched squeals & cry's - well their great too, just not at 3am. Even the MOPS workers this week commented "Wow, Addie has a very high pitched squeal" - You're just letting everyone know you there, right? Hmmmm, do I see another soprano member in the family? (Grandma will be happy)

Already you are getting your sister and you cannot even walk yet. Just the other night you pulled her hair & made her cry. Then you pulled her softie away from her and again made her cry. Hmmm, I'm seeing a pattern here, you like making your Big sister cry.

And tough? Can we say rock solid tough? You love wrestling with your sister. She pushes on you, pulls you, pins you and you just lie there laughing & smiling. You love to play with her and it doesn't seem to bother you at all. I think your daddy is right, you will be "tougher than snot."

You are very picky already, a little too much for your own good. And yes, a little moody even for a baby. Daddy says you are very much like me, but hey that's a good thing right? He married me didn't he? Your stubborness will serve you well later in life - given the right circumstances.

What else can I say but that WE love you sooo very much! We are Blessed to have such a sweet baby girl. Happy 6months birthday, Addie!


2 comments:

SarahDB said...

Happy 6 months Addie! I can't wait to get to know you better. You are part of a fantastic family! I love you.

Cousin Sarah

Julie D. said...

so adorable. 6 months have flown by! yay for 6 months! i love 6 months+ such a fun, fun stage.