Friday, October 21, 2011

Through a child's eyes

We recently got back from a fantastic trip, we went to Florida to see family & spent 5 fabulous days in Disney World! To say the girls were excited is an understatment. They did not go to sleep the first night we arrived till after 12:30 because they knew the next day we were going to see Mickey Mouse.

Now, I have been to DW many times - living in Florida has it's advantages. This was my husbands and our children's first visit. And can I just tell you he was just as excited as they were.

The BEST part of Disney World was watching my children's faces and experiencing Disney through them. I just cannot explain how that made me smile. Someone told me today "it might not have been the best age for them, but it was the best age for you" And she was soooo right, to see them experience it with such enthusiasm and amazement. The twinkle in their eyes and smiles on their faces was priceless. In the words of Addie "this is Awesome".

























And as I finish this post I keep thinking of what a dear woman said to me on the plane ride home.


"Dear, this is the Best time of your life. You will miss this time, trust me. Right, now these sweethearts have your feet, but in 20 years they will have your heart"


She went onto explain how right now I am busy running all over taking care of them...."they have my feet" but in 20 years you will not be able to help them because they will be adults and wont want your help. But "they will have your heart", your heart will ache as they make choices and decisions and your love will expand more than you know.


Wow!!! Words to remember forever. I will do my best to enjoy this time, to remember this time & treasure these years.































1 comment:

Grandma Beth said...

That woman spoke the truth.... as adults your children do have your heart and your will stay awake nights praying for them, their spouses and their children...Treasure these days