Saturday, August 13, 2011

It's been awhile, lets play catch up.

Blogging used to be an out for me to share my feelings, ideas and life. But lately life has taken over. Life is good but crazy busy. The kids are growing like weeds. E is almost 4, A almost 3 and M 16months old. My babies are growing up right before my eyes. I love them all so much and am so grateful the Lord blessed us with each of them. But life is busy for sure!

I am still trying to be a wife, mom & business woman. And recently added runner to the mix. I used to run before the kids & before I met my husband and I enjoyed it. So I decided enough is enough it's time to shed this baby weight and what better way than to start running. And thus my running career has started up again.

I was sidelined with an injury right away that I tried to self diagnosis with help of the internet. Gotta love google! However, after many weeks of walking on pins & needles I broke down and visited the podiatrist. What a life saver he is!! I actually told him I wanted to "kiss him" because I walked out of his office with a fully taped up foot but no pain.

Fast forward 4 weeks and I have now bought a good pair of running shoes, orthodics and am 75% better. Enough that today I went running with some friends. We did 2.67 miles and it felt good. I have been running on my treadmill and let me tell you running outside HUGE difference! And pushing a baby stroller - NOT a jogging stroller also makes the running more difficult. But I finished & I feel good.

I signed up for my first 5K since well before kids & as of today have gotten 5 friends to run it with me!! And get this 4 out of 5 of them have never run before and it will be their first 5K, how exciting is that?

So all this to tell you, I am back and really truly hope to be back blogging more regularily again.



No comments: