Monday, August 09, 2010

Not Me Monday - camping style

It's Monday and so that means Not Me Monday over at MckMama's. And it's been awhile since I've done one, so here we go.....

This weekend we did NOT go camping for 24hrs with our friends.

It was NOT my idea to go camping for 24hrs. I mean seriously would I suggest camping with 3 small children for only 24hrs? Didn't we already do this once? What sane mother would do this again?

When we arrived at the campsite & began setting up I did NOT have a little melt down with my hubby in front of our friends.

There was so much dirt that and the girls did NOT get dirty within 5Min's of arriving. And I did NOT spend almost the entire time fretting about all this said dirt.

I did NOT pack 5 outfits for the girls, thinking it was over kill. They did NOT go through every outfit and I did NOT tell Bill "I should've packed more" on our way home.


It did NOT start raining shortly after we arrived & we did NOT set up blue tarps between the trucks to try to combat the rain.




This was NOT the conversation I heard Bill having with the girls yesterday morning as we tried to keep them quiet at 6am.




Bill - "Girls do you know what a clam is?"



Girls - "no"



Bill - "A clam lives in the water and does clammy things while keeping it's mouth shut and is quiet"



Girls - "why?"



Bill - "Because that's what they do"



Bill - "Can you guys do this?" and he demonstrates keeping his mouth shut tightly.




I did NOT give him a hard time for the rest of the day about clams doing "clammy things". Does anyone else know what "clammy things" means? ha,ha ;o)

I did NOT eat waay to much this weekend and am NOT feeling it today.



2 comments:

Mommy2Four said...

ROFL.... I love the clammy things conversation! That is a talk that could have totally happened at my house!

SarahDB said...

That is adorable! I love that clams to clammy things. So cute!! Way to go on the camping Team D.