Bill and I had the song Love and Marriage by Frank Sinatra played as we left the church at our wedding. In 27 short days we will be married for Four years. Wow! It actually seems longer than that. I guess 3 kids in that time will do it to you. Ha!
But I found myself thinking about Love and Marriage today. They truly do go together and you cannot have one without the other. Love is what got us to that altar on July 28Th, 2006. Along with lots of coffee, concerts, sickness, birthdays, holidays, cards and home made Cd's. (Bill used to make me Cd's with special music) The truth is Love isn't always easy. It takes work.
However, Love has kept us going. Love for each other, our family & for the Lord.
In the last 4yrs I have learned that Love is hard. There are days where I feel like I have nothing left to give. I have been sneezed on, slobbered on & touched one too many times by the kids and I have nothing left to give to Bill when he walks through the door. And that kiss he wants when he walks through the door is not as meaningful as it was on July 28Th. Love is hard.
There are days when Bill frustrates me and I just want to scream at him. (sometimes I do) When he forgets his wallet at home. So the girls and I load up in the car, drive downtown and deliver it to him at work. Love is hard.
Or days when we have that argument and one of us walks out of the room. Love is hard.
When the car breaks down on the day you have a dr appointment, your husband wont answer his phone and your kids are screaming - Love is hard.
Love is hard but it goes with Marriage.
And as we approach our anniversary I wouldn't have it any other way.

1 comment:
great post, gina. Love IS hard. But gosh, its darn good too! It gets better year after year. you guys are pretty darn good at it. Happy almost anniversary!
Post a Comment