Thanks for all the suggestions, advice & nice comments both on FB and here. I am going to give it a whirl on Sunday and put into place some of the advice given. Will keep you posted how getting 3kids & myself ready & to church goes. Not promising we will be there on time, but just that we will get there.
*****************************************
I am a huge U2 fan and have seen them in concert 3x. They rock so hard in concert. It's truly an experience to be part of. But this post isn't about U2. However, their song titled Sunday Bloody Sunday came to mind this morning when I got a Facebook message. Although that song isn't about church or missing church, it came to mind as an appropriate title to this post.
Why is it that we have the hardest time getting to church on Sunday's? Before Micah we could be out the door all four of us & at church on time. Bill and I joked that of all days we worked Best on Sunday's as a "team".
Since the late weeks of my pregnancy & Micah's arrival we have only been to church 3x. Yes, 3x! And I could give you a ton of good reasons why and believe you me I have them playing in my head right now. But really it comes down to priorities.
My friend just Facebooked me saying "Missed you yesterday". Ugggh, I had to admit that we just couldn't get there. No real reason, we just decided to stay home. And now I am faced to either missing the next 3 Sunday's or getting the kids ready & off to church all by myself as Bill has to work. And let me tell you, it takes me at least 1.5hrs to get myself & the kids ready with help!
What do I do? Any ideas? Church has always been a priority to Bill and I, but sadly I feel it may be slipping down the list. And I don't like/want that to happen. I truly enjoy being in the Lord's house & Ellia loves going to church. Which is something we want to keep alive in her.
How do you fellow bloggers/friends/family make Church a priority & how do you get your families ready each week?
3 comments:
I would say the biggest thing is be prepared as much as possible the night before. Thinking about all that you have to put together in the morning can be overwhelming and make you want to just bag it. Having the clothes laid out (including yours!), breakfast planned and at least partly together (table set, food prepped, etc), the diaper bags packed and ready to go...all of that will contribute to a smoother morning. The other thing is, the more you do it, the better you get at it! Also, give the girls "jobs" to do Sunday morning. Just little simple things that help you (even if it's just by keeping them busy and out of your hair!) Don't aim for perfection! Just aim to get out the door with everybody dressed and fed. It will get easier, I promise!
Mine are teens now and harder to get up than when they were little but at least they can take care of themselves now! Hang in there friend. :)
Gina, First off, I LOVE your honesty. Yes, indeed, it is TOUGH to get three little ones to church on your own. So, on a very selfish note: Come to 11am service here at CC,Marysville. Bring them in their pj's and you'll have TONS of people who would love to help you out.
But, seriously, "church" starts at home. Have family time when daddy gets home, read a bible story and just love on those babies.
It goes by so fast, enjoy all the little moments with them.
Love, Kari
Oh Gina! Your relationship with The Lord is such a priority for you and Bill and I have not doubt that you will continue to raise a godly family and get them all to church. I bet that as Micah continues to grow and comes out of that newborn stage this all gets easier and you will have a morning routine down that gets you to church all the time.
You will get there! Go easy on yourself. Like Kari said church starts at home. On the mornings you don't make it you can do things like listen to a Psalty CD and sing praise songs and tell your girls a bible story over breakfast.
As for you and your house you will serve the Lord, and you will get them to church just as soon as you can figure out how to get them all out of the house. :)
Post a Comment