Today, is the day that I want to give a shout out to my mom. When you are a child you do not always see your mom for the real person she is. It wasn't till I became a mom that I really saw my mom for who she was. And she has been an amazing example of a mom.
A few thing's I've learned from my Mom and hope I can pass onto my children:
Stand up for what you believe in
Be generous
Be supportive
Love till it hurts and even if you get hurt, continue to love
Serve your community
Have fun
Laugh about the bad stuff, it helps you get through it
Pick your battles
Teach your children patience & you will in turn learn patience yourself
How to make birthdays really special
Root for the underdog because no one else is
How to make a sick kiddo feel better
Share your home, always make it available for others
It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks only what the Lord thinks
How to make learning about the "birds & the bee's" & "womanly issues" a fun conversation & one your daughter remembers with a smile. (just ask me what my mom did )
My mom just flew home a week ago after spending 3.5wks with us. And it was the BEST visit I've had with my mom. We had such a good time together. Going to the park with the kids, the Zoo, cleaning my house, shopping, pedicures, watching Survivor together and lots of chatting. And finally she got to see one of her grandchildren come into this world. A gift she said was "priceless" and would never forget.
Thanks Mom for all you did while you were here. You spoiled us!!! But most importantly you gave yourself, which is what you always do, and it meant so much to me.
Happy Mothers Day!
I love you & miss you
No comments:
Post a Comment