This week I did NOT run around for 2 days like my head was cut off trying to get our house spotless for the holiday. It has NOT been exactly a week since my floors were swept & mopped.
Addie did NOT just spill Bubba's dog water and I did NOT take a towel to wipe it up and decide to "semi" mop that area of the floor.
While wrapping presents Bill and I did NOT discover that Addie had a few less presents than her older sister. Bill growing up in a "Fair is fair" household did NOT insist we get her a few more things. I did NOT suggest wrapping up one of her birthday presents she has opened yet. He did NOT disagree resulting in a Christmas Eve shopping trip to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things, which did NOT result in many other things being purchased as well.
Addie was NOT thrilled to have received these dollar store balls & hat in her stocking more than all her other presents combined. Which did NOT re-confirm my idea & have me thinking "Hmmm, maybe just maybe wrapping up the birthday present wouldn't have been a bad idea after all"
These doll stroller sets & bed sets I did NOT see at Costco and resist buying. Knowing that #1 they were too expensive and #2 that G & G were buying Addie a baby doll stroller & bed for her babies. And so the day after Christmas when Bill called and said they had gotten both in as returns and were marked down to $9, I did NOT tell him to buy them! And I did NOT have him call our friend because I know she had wanted one of them for her daughter too. Thus resulting in him buying her one as well.
We do NOT now have 4 strollers & 3 doll beds in our house. Don't worry we moved the wooden bed with baskets up to Ellia's room for her doll babies. And you'd think sharing wouldn't be a problem with that many.....Wrong!!
After discovering that Costco was sold out of hams Bill and I did NOT agree that a Prime Rib was a bit out of the price range this year. We did NOT then opt for Rib Eye steaks & at the last minute buy 2 King Crabs. This did NOT result in costing more than a Prime Rib!
While cooking our Fabulous Christmas Dinner we did NOT discover that we did NOT have crackers to crack open the crabs. Bill did NOT say to me "I'll just get a couple pair of pliers from the garage" To which I did NOT reply "I will most certainly NOT eat my crab with greasy pliers from your garage" I did NOT then call the neighbors, wish them a Merry Christmas and borrow some crackers as well as these darling little ramekins that keep the butter melted.
The last 2 days the girls and I have NOT spent in our pj's, on the couch & watching a ton of movies. We have NOT watched more Christmas movies in the past 2 days than we did all month long!!
Wow, what a week it has been! What have you NOT done this past week?

1 comment:
Thank you, Gina! I thoroughly enjoyed that!
Post a Comment