Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Countdown to baby #3 Gender - The Ring Test

Today, as we countdown to Friday we will look at the "Ring Test". And I should note that I have been corrected that all of these things we've been testing out are called Wives Tales......whatever!

The Ring Wives tale is basically this - Suspend a pure gold ring on a piece of string over the mom to be stomach. If it swings side to side = a Boy and if it rotates in a circle = a Girl.

So I first saw the ring test done on Bill's cousin Sarah when she was very pregnant with her little girl, Georgia. It should be stated that Daren & Sarah did NOT find out what they were having and the ring spun in circles, almost knotting up the string! The same wives tale was done on his other cousin when she was pregnant and it too was correct, they had a girl after 2 boys

Here is Dave performing test on Sarah


I was determined to try out this wives tale. Bill and I started trying this test very early on with no real luck. I think you have to have a little bit of a tummy for it too really work. But at Thanksgiving I had Bill's cousin, Dave perform the ring test on me. (it should be noted he was the one who had performed the prior two ring tests on the other cousins) And what did our bewildering eyes behold??? A note able side to side swing action - indicating a Boy.

But I wasn't done there. This past weekend at our friends house during their daughters 2ND birthday party I had our friends perform it not only on me but also our friend. See she is due in Feb and already knows what they are having. She was our control subject. The ring swung side to side = a boy & they are having a BOY!

.

Here is Lindsey - our control subject

Then it was my turn and I laid down on the floor. My stomach not as big yet as her stomach but still there. We couldn't get the ring to be still and everyone laughing. After a bit it appeared to rotate in a circle, to which I reacted by snatching the ring & string from my friends hands. It was then that I learned they were playing a joke on me and doing deliberately. Wrong, just Wrong!! Once we got the ring still & me calmed down it did do the side to side swing indicating BOY!

So there you have it the Ring test. Have you tried this one?


5 comments:

Vanlandingham Coven said...

Yep, tried it with the girls, it worked. If you take a needle on a string and place it in the palm of your hand, then lift it up slowly it will do the same thing although that one tells the sex and order of your baby. So mine went circles, slowed, circles, slowed, side to side, slowed, circles, then stopped, It was crazy. Anyways it meant girl, girl, boy, girl. Then no more kids, Really cool.

CulyQFun said...

So what happened to the 3rd girl????

Julie D. said...

i'm pretty convinced with the ring test and I don't buy these things often. I'm willing to bet money on boy with this test.

SarahDB said...

I love that you used a control subject! Thats hysterical.

The ring test worked for me!

Kim said...

That is too cool, Gina! :)

Can it be white gold or does it have to be yellow gold?