Monday, June 01, 2009

Small Town Life

On Friday Bill and I headed down to the Portland area to visit his family. We had a great time as you will see in our pictures.

First, let me just tell you that Bill has this BIG idea of some day living in a "small" town out in the middle of nowhere & raising our kids. I get a bit sick when I think of this idea. What about a mall or a Starbucks. Or just people? I am a city girl at heart and I just don't think I could do it.

But this weekend I got a taste of what happens in small town America. We went to a Pancake feed (my first ever!) and we watched the small town parade of Hockinson. I also have never been to a parade - except at DisneyWorld. Our cousins Jason & Christy seemed to know everyone & introduced us to them all - or it seems. (this was cool, I like the idea of everyone knowing you) It was actually a lot of fun & I liked it. Don't know if I'm ready to move but if there is fun like this all year I could maybe get used to it.

On with the pictures:

Here is Ellia and I eating breakfast in the fire house. Can you tell Ellia has a mouth full of pancakes?

Overhead view of everyone chowing down on pancakes


The volunteers cooking up all the pancakes, ham & eggs. They had it down to science, but then again when you're feeding this many people you do.




Here we are waiting for the parade to start

Ice cream treats - it was HOT!!!

Julie & Kate watching the parade


Caleb & Levi and their exercise club ran in the parade. Here they are as they approached


Addie hung out in the back of cousin Jason & Christy's car for awhile to get out of the sun. Here she is chillin. Just call me Miss Cooolio!


Later we headed back to Aunt Beth and Uncle Harold's for a bbq. Christy entertained the little kiddo's.

Caden & Ellia played extremely well together. Isn't this a cute picture?

Dinner on Saturday night - Hey, Chirsty did you really eat all that corn??


Christy & baby Kate bonded on Saturday night. Here she is with all the smaller kiddo's just hanging out in the grass.










3 comments:

Julie D. said...

oh those pictures are precious. I especially like the one of christy with the kiddos and caden pushing ellia. what a fun time. I'm just bummed we didn't get to hang out more. love ya!

Grandma Beth said...

Thanks for coming!!!

SarahDB said...

Adorable! Those are such cute pictures.