Patriotic Sunday is always the Sunday before the 4th of July. Cedar Park always has special musical numbers by the choir, raises a HUGE flag in the sanctuary & salutes the soldiers and veterans. It was quite a service let me tell you. I was bummed that I had forgotten because I would've dressed the girls in their Red, White & Blue colors.
As I sat there listening to the choir sing my heart was lifted. It was such an inspiration to hear them sing in unity the praises of our freedom. Every song that they sang gave me goose bumps. And a few verses from these songs stood out among the rest:
"Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy, For we have placed all our hope in thee"
"We will fight for the cause of our King to defend what is right"
"Send the Messiah, we need his help to free us, we need him here to lead us"
Can we say "WOW!!!" - what powerful words especially with what is going on in the world around us today. I sat there listening and the words hit home especially the "We will fight for the cause of our King to defend what is right" Because do you know why Bill was at work on a Sunday? The Gay Pride parade in Seattle. Yep, he had to work because there were so many managers with the day off to attend this event. Frustrating and very sad for our family to say the least.
What is happening in America? Where is Jesus? Why is that we have become so lazy when it comes to sharing about Jesus? I am slapping myself on the hand, because I am just as guilty. Pastor Joe Fuiten spoke about how lazy we as Christians have become. How we feel no obligation to live by the Bible standards anymore. The Bible is the starting point - it teaches & reveals all things about Jesus & how to live our lives. Yet, we do not read it let alone follow it.
Our country was founded on the Bible. On what each & everyone of those verses says. Yet, we have veered off the path. We need to get back up, dust ourselves off & be the the examples of Christ to this dying world. A world that thinks celebrating Gay pride is okay.
Jesus is the ONLY hope for America!!
Peter Marshall says "We need to stop focusing on our Rights & Privileges and get back to our Responsibilities & Duties" I think that sums it up quite nicely.
2 comments:
Thank you!!
God bless you and God Bless America.
" If my people, who are called by my name ,will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and will heal their land" 2 Chronicles 7:14
Great verse!!!
Post a Comment