Recipe & pictures: Enjoy!!!!!
2 Cups rolled oats
3/4 Cup packed brown sugar (I used a bit less, cause I ran out)
1/2 Cup Wheat Germ
3/4 teaspoon of Cinnamon
1 Cup Flour
3/4 Cup Raisins (optional)
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 Cup Honey ( I used cream'd honey)
1 egg, beaten
1/2 Cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
Pre-heat oven to 350
Grease 9x13 pan
1. In lrg mixing bowl mix together oats, BS, Wheat Germ, Cinnamon, Flour, Raisins and Salt. Make a well in the center and pour the honey, egg, oil and vanilla. Mix well using your hands. And then pat the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
2. Bake for 30-35 mins (my oven only took 30) or until the bars begin to turn golden around the edges. Cool for 5 minutes and then cut the bars while still warm. Do not wait till they cool to cut because they get a bit hard.
**So I did not have Wheat Germ, BUT my pantry did have Oat Bran & Flax seed.**
So I substituted 1/4 Cup of Oat Bran & 1/4 Cup Flax seed & they still turned out great.
And I used a mixture of Spiced Cranberries & apples - made by Dole. Got this at Costco along with Raisins.
Here is what the mix looked like after mixing:

Ellia helping me by dumping in the fruit & she helped me mix it all up

What it looked like once it came out of oven.

Finished product. They are sooooo yummy. And so healthy! Ellia ate one with her bowl of cheerios this morning. And she ate every last drop of it.

2 comments:
So Ellia's a big kitchen helper too, hmm? I might have to try this...it looks really yummy!
Fun! I'll have to try it, too. :)
Post a Comment