
Today is Show Us Where You Live Fridays over at Kelly's Corner. Last week blogers showed off their Kitchens. There were some GREAT kitchens on there. And so I was a bit nervous to show off our home. But then I realized I am proud of my home, it may not look like a home off the pages of Better Homes & Gardens but it's our home and I love it!
The following are tours of our Formal Living room, Family Room & Bonus Room:
This is our Formal Living Room - just as you enter the door. The wall color was this color when we bought the house and we've left it. I have desires to remove that painting (a Walmart special) and put up black frames with b/w pictures of the girls. The couches we bought from some friends when we first moved in so we'd have furniture in this room. Not my favorite but they work for now. One day I will have new furniture in there & those frames up on the wall!
This is a cabinet that my husbands Great Grandfather made by hand. And we have some of his grandfather's books inside it. It's a beautiful piece of work!
View of the family room from the front door & formal living room

This is our Family Room or as some call it the Great room, as it is connected to our kitchen. We bought the drapes and designed the room around them. Hence, the walls are yellow, fire place & one main wall in Kitchen are red. I love this room! The girls (oh, and Bubba) spend most of our day in this room. When I was single I said "I'll never have toys in my living room" boy am I eating those words now. Just about every room in our home has toys in it. And Yes, we have a changing table in this room. I am not going to run upstairs every time I have to change one of the girls....although now that I think about it, a good way to loose weight!!

Another view of the room - you can see how it flows into the kitchen

I love this little table (another Walmart special). The toys are housed under it, but the table has pictures of each of our families & our family picture. The "Family" sign is from my fall decoration collection but I haven't found one that I can leave out year round. So the fall one stays out.

I love these frames!!! They are on the big, main wall of the Great Room. They are from Crate n Barrel and my in-laws & SIL got them for me for Christmas last year. One frame is missing from the far left side. But when they are all hanging up it makes a nice piece of wall art filled with family pictures. (Although I need to add pictures of Addie now) Never mind the view of the little kitchen below.

This is the view looking into our bonus room which is located on the second floor. This room is UN-finished. Not decorated & no theme. Its a Hodge Podge of stuff. The couches were FREE at garage sale. The back side of the cushions have animals on them, so we just turn them around & it makes a nice set. This room is exactly that - a Bonus room. Our computer, my craft corner, & lots of toys call this room home.

You can see my craft area in the back corner. Don't mind the half naked little girl running around, she just spilled my 32oz cup of water all over herself & now must get some new jeans. Ohhh, the joys of motherhood.

Hope you enjoyed the tour of our Family/Great Room, Formal living Room & Bonus Room.
2 comments:
Thanks for the tour!
Hello! Stopping over from Kelly's. I really like your sectional in the great room! I know what you mean on eating words prior to having kids - ha!
Post a Comment