Saturday, May 09, 2009

Almost Mother's Day

It's almost Mother's Day!! Can you believe how fast this year is flying bye? Last year at this time we were making preparations for our trip to Florida to visit my family. What a vacation that was! I will be sad next week as I find myself thinking, "last year on this day we were at the beach". Does anyone else do that?

But today's post isn't about my longing to see my family or play in the sun. (Although that is true) It's about being a mother.

You see I became a mother 28 months ago. How can that be when Ellia is only 19months & Addie 7months you ask? Well, my mothering desires, abilities, wants/needs began the very moment that home pregnancy test read "+" sign. From that moment on I began thinking of that little baby growing inside of me. Started eating better, cut back on drinking caffeine, read every baby book I could get my hands on and most importantly I began praying for our little one. Daily I prayed for our little baby that he/she would be patient, loving, honest, and most importantly love the Lord with their whole heart.

Well, those prayers changed when we found out the baby was a girl and we named her Ellia. Then my prayers began to sound like this, "Lord, let her be beautiful, let her have musical/singing abilities, let her love you with her whole heart, let her love me even in her teenage years and thank You for giving us this precious life to raise."

Now, Ellia is a growing toddler who daily makes me smile, laugh and yes sometimes make me mad. But through it all I find so much joy in being a mother. I am still learning how to be a mom, new things creep up on me all the time. And most importantly I am still learning patience - I think this is a daily thing for mom's.

However, when one of the girls looks at me and smiles. Or when Ellia runs over and plants a big, slobbery kiss on my cheek my heart melts. This is what I waited my whole life for and I wouldn't trade this for the world!!!

And I wouldn't be the Mama I am today with out my mother. She is beautiful both inside & out. She has taught me many things through the years. But most importantly she has taught me to pray for my girls and to love them and others where they are at. And for that I am forever grateful.
Happy Mother's Day Mom!!!!

And to all you other Mother's or soon to be Mother's - Have an Awesome Mother's Day! ( And to those who might not be a Mother yet, don't worry your day will come!)


2 comments:

lifeunscripted said...

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Julie D. said...

happy mother's day, gina!