Friday, May 29, 2009

Show us where you live Friday - Nursery's

Over at Kelly's Corner Friday's are so much fun. Check out the other nurseries & kid's rooms. There are some amazing & fun rooms this week.

So our first little girl's room is pink & green with butterflies, flowers & dragonflies. It is very much a "cutesy" room. My husband, Bill painted each & every little wooden flower, butterfly and dragonfly by hand. He took so much pride in each girl's room.

Ellia's room is looking more and more like a Toddler's room each day. Toy's, shoes, the telephone, books & anything else she can get her hands on finds it's way to her room. Ellia is missing her letters on the wall above her crib that spell out her name. We took them down to repaint them & they are sitting on her dresser, re-painted but not up on the walls. One of these days!



Adilynn's room is ladybugs. We painted it white & red and used pink as accents. I found this bedding 2 months after Ellia was born and told Bill "If we have another girl I want to do her room in ladybugs". Well, little did I know it would be 2 months later & I would be pregnant again! But hey I got my ladybug room. I love this room!







Each of the girl's rooms is a bit different but also have similarities. They are "Irish twins' so I did want some things to be cohesive. Like the plaque on their bedroom door. Each plaque says the same thing " ______ Dreams here" but each one is decorated to match their rooms.

So that's a quick tour of our daughter's nurseries. Hope you enjoyed them! Sorry the pictures are a bit blurry and that there aren't more. But time is precious this morning as I am prepping to head out of town for weekend.

Have a great weekend!!!

5 comments:

lifeunscripted said...

I love how even the ceiling fans match your themes! You spent so much time on their rooms it shows! We put our girls in the same room without customizing (still the blue walls)!

Mommy said...

Oh how sweet...I loved the ladybug room! So precious. My oldest girl would LOVE it! It's so fun to have girls....don't you think? Well...maybe a little too much drama sometimes, but I love it! Thanks for sharing :)

Grasso10 said...

I love both the rooms! It's so neat that they aren't exactly the same! I see you're Boston fans--my Uncle works for the Sox and will be the pitching coach for Boston on June 7th! :)

Thanks for sharing your room!

-Brooke

Courtney said...

Both rooms are beautiful!

Kim said...

Gorgeous! Great job, mama. :)