Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Not Me Monday! Camping Style

You will have to excuse this NMM - it is a day late & I cannot get our computer to upload the pictures. Our computer is old & on the fritz. It is telling me I have no more room to load/store pictures....What am I going to do now?????
So we will go ahead & pictures will hopefully follow:

This past Wednesday we did NOT leave for 6 days & 5nights of camping with 2 babies in a tent.

(**warning ** to family who reads this)
I did NOT tell Bill on our drive to camping that since this was our first camping trip where I wasn't pregnant that I wanted to experience "tent sex". I hear it's all the rage among our fellow camping buddies. It did NOT happen, really it did not - next time I guess - if ya know I'm not pregnant.

On a trip into Walmart my friend bought her some "tent sex" supplies and the cashier at did NOT ask her " Would you like to put these in your purse?" - We were a bit shocked, as we'd never been asked if we wanted to put them in our purse. It's not like we were buying gum or tick tacks.

I did NOT let Ellia play all day, every day until her heart was content. She did NOT look like a dirty, raga muffin child at the end of each day.

Ellia did NOT go through at least 4 outfit changes a day - which resulted in us bringing home a TON of dirty laundry.

Being so dirty did NOT result in both the girls getting a bath in a storage tub with water that wasn't the warmest. And they both did NOT scream their heads off while we took pictures.

On Saturday we did NOT let Ellia run around in her swimsuit pretty much the entire day. And when we went to take it off, her diaper was soooooo huge & swollen it did NOT practically fall off of her & explode. (there is a cute picture of this)

And after the diaper fell off we did NOT notice 2 holes in the butt of the swimsuit. And the next day we did NOT put the swimsuit back on - with no diaper this time. Let's just say that the swimsuit is the only item of clothing that didn't make it home.

On Thursday night while waiting for one of the families to arrive my friend, (I'll keep her name out of it -wait no we will go down together - Sabrina) and I did NOT borrow 3 pieces of construction wood to add to our dwindling fire on our way back from the bathroom.

And when we saw what appeared to be our friends drive by for the 2ND time & not turn into the park our friend Geromy & Bill did NOT take off like a bat of hell in Geromy's truck to chase them down the windy mountain road. (literally, Bill told me they were doing like 80MPH) And upon finding them at such a late hour, roll the window down and say to the Tahoe window "Greg, April, is that you?"

Yesterday, before we left I did NOT change Addie's diaper on the picnic table on top of a camo duffel bag because there was no where else to change her. And I did NOT realize what a cute picture it was and run to find my camera, forgetting that my daughter was lying on a picnic table.

Our Aero bed did NOT get 2 small holes in it the night before we were to leave. And the crazy thing is we've only used it 3x. So Bill, myself and our friend Craig did NOT super glue the holes & then duck tape over them so we could sleep on it. And surprisingly it held up - who knew?

Yesterday on our way home Ellia was starting to get hungry and we were miles from a place to eat. So we did NOT stop at a gas station and buy a loaf of bread & some peanut butter so we could make her a sandwich. It was NOT the most expensive P & J - minus the Jam sandwich we have ever made her. Costing us $6.50

And finally on our way home I did NOT tell Bill I "miss the blogging world and I betcha I've missed a ton, Don't get me wrong I had a good time & enjoyed the family time, but now it's time to get back to my other family"


3 comments:

Tiff said...

How cute! ee pictures, you brave woman! We went camping for one night and it was exhausting.

Tiff said...

That was supposed to say: Can't wait to see pictures, not ee pictures. My computer is posessed. :)

Julie D. said...

oh that is funny stuff. You are one brave woman. I would do two, maybe three nights camping with the kids but 5 nights camping?...not a chance. thats when i throw down the credit card for a hotel and shower! ;) The story about the cashier asking if she wanted to put it in her purse was too funny...how weird.