Sunday, March 29, 2009

Not Me! Monday......#23 - Stellan Style

As we are all aware, Not Me! Monday was started by MckMama. "I created Not Me! Monday for the purpose of confessing our shortcomings and imperfections to each other since, after all, we are all only human!" (MckMama's words) Every Monday, you can find more "Not Me! Monday" at her site. However, this week, in honor of her and Baby Stellan, we're doing "Not Me! Monday - Stellan Style!"

This week, it's our chance to HONOR MckMama and Stellan with our Not Me! Mondays. Here goes:


This week when I woke up Monday morning & logged onto Facebook and saw my friends status as "Pray for baby Stellan" I did not gasp, immediately start crying & head straight to MckMama's blog.

As the week progressed I did not check MckMama's blog every hour on the hour just to see if there were any updates to Stellan's status.

And when I found out the Stellan name gallery was resurrected I did not tell my husband I wished there was a way we could make a cool Stellan picture. Thus, resulting in my wonderful husband creating the Costco name badge.

And I did not post a picture on my blog because I was so very proud of our Stellan name badge.

And I did not immediately rush to take a photo and send to MckMama. And then begin checking my email hourly as well to see if she had gotten the picture & responded to our idea. And when she did respond she was more than excited to receive the name badge and I quote "is it crazy that i got goosebumps from seeing stellan's costco id badge. WHAT A FAB idea!! i STILL have goosebumps. and a huge smile. wow. love it. thanks to your husband!!!!!

And I did not then text all my friends telling them that MckMama had loved the Costco name badge.

I HAVE held my own 5month old baby this week extra close, given her many extra kisses, many extra "I love you's" and cherished her more this week than ever.

I HAVE shed many, many, many tears this week over Stellan.

I HAVE told my husband I love this little boy as if he's my own over a hundred times.

I HAVE prayed so much this week for a baby I have never met. And I do have to admit prayed more for him than anyone else in my life!!

I HAVE had the BEST prayer times this week. Why is that Baby Stellan has re-kindled that prayer flame inside of me? Causing me to pray not only for him but this country, my family and friends more than I have in a LOOOOONG time.
And if God should choose to take this little boy home I know that I will be very sad, hurt, frustrated & that a small part of my heart will be gone as well.

Stellan you have captured my heart. You have caused me to WANT to pray again. You in your small little way have ignited something in me again that I thought had been lost. And if that is what you were put here on this earth & blogging world to do then you have accomplished your goal. Well done my good & faithful servant, well done!

3 comments:

Julie D. said...

that gave me the chills.

Cora said...

Excellent post, Gina. You made me cry.

Tiff said...

You were the Costco name badge? I thought that was so cute, I even showed Marty!

Cute blog!