Sunday, March 01, 2009

Not Me! Monday......#21

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

This week the words "He is going to stay out there until he learns his lesson" did not come out of my mouth when referring to our dog Bubba. Who once again chewed up something that he shouldn't have......his brush and one of Addie's onesies. Prompting my husband to say "You don't honestly think he understands why he is outside in the rain, right?"

And I did not possibly say "It makes me feel good to say this even though he may not understand after all he is my 3rd child and thus will be treated as such"

While out running errands for my MOPS project this week I did not linger longer at the learning store and tell my husband "for a split second I almost thought how fun it would be to home school." Nope, I would never go back on my words uttered to my husband while dating...."I will never home school our children"

After completing my MOPS project I took the time to have my wedding rings cleaned at the jewelry store since it was only a few blocks from the learning store. And while I was there I did not longingly stare at all the beautiful pieces of jewelery in the cases. And I did not ease drop on the two couples who were in there picking out their engagement rings. All the while smiling & thinking about how 3.5 years ago Bill and I stood in the exact spots picking out our rings.

After the jewelry store I did not swing through Starbucks order a vanilla latte & then head to Target. Where I strolled through each & every isle in peace & quiet. Did I mention that while I was running all these errands and taking my time per tending to not be a mom or wife that my children were at my in-laws house with daddy? And I made it out of Target only spending $15 - WooHoo for me!

One night this past week during a middle of the night feeding Addie burped up all over my shoulder. And this Mama did not just wipe it up & go back to sleep. Sleeping in baby spit up is just disgusting and who would do that?

1 comment:

Melody said...

That's awesome! Totally with you on the spit-up ... sometimes I forget something's dirty until I smell the smell - yuk! How's Addie doing these days?