Friday, February 27, 2009

Do Good to Others

This week Bill and I had a rough morning & it could've gone worse than it did. But I am learning to be more compassionate with my husband & to see him as God sees him. I am learning to truly respect him & to let him be the leader God called him to be for our family. Which leads me to today.......
During lunch I was reading my bible & my devotion for the day - which I am about to share and it seemed so perfect for what the Lord has been showing me. So I've decided to share this devotion with you today. Enjoy!

Proverbs 3:27 (NKJV) "Do not withhold good....when it is in the power of your hand to do so"

Bible expositor William Barclay said once "One of the highest human duties, is the duty of encouragement". As a follower of Christ you are commanded to build others up by highlighting what's good instead of magnifying what's bad, by seeing them as unique individutals instead of sterotypes, by respecting instead of ridiculing, by forgiving insted of shaming, by modeling unconditional love instead of love with strings attached, by applauding each steop of growth instead of saying "You'll never change" by seeing their God-given potential instead of seeing them as problems to be handled. Today, be a "builder-upper"

No comments: