Monday, February 02, 2009

Not Me! Monday......

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

This week when MckMama posted a comment on my blog about our Miracle blanket I did not get so excited I almost fell out of my chair. Nope, not this Mama I remained calm, collected, & quietly told my husband sittin 5 feet from me "MckMama posted a comment on my blog". At least this is how I like to think I responded. Who gets so excited about a comment? I mean really?

Ellia did not have ice cream 4x this week (and a few times not just for dessert) just because I think it is totally cute how she eats it with a spoon and sits there saying "mmmm, mmmm, mmmm" every time she takes a bite. Rationalizing it by saying it's made of milk & she needs to have milk every day. (I will post a video of this soon)

And when I went to the store on Super Bowl Sunday I did not buy special ice cream with sprinkles in it just for her.

While getting ready for my husband's aunts 70th birthday party I did not have a hair fiasco and respond with "I might just do that cause it would look better than it does now" when my husband jokingly said "Why don't I just shave it off for you?"

I did not text my workout buddy at 3:30am to tell her I couldn't work out and then blame it on our 3month old. Nope, that would be just wrong. And just in case you're wondering working out is my favorite thing to do. You believe me right??

Finally this week I did not leave Ellia in her crib an extra 30 minutes the other morning so that I could take a shower, check email, check facebook and grab a cup of coffee downstairs. And only did I go and get her when she started to cry - up until then she'd been quietly talking & playing. And this morning as I type this blog I've already had a shower, checked email & facebook and had a cup of coffee but someone is still in her crib. Hmmmm, wonder if she will remember these times when she gets older?

1 comment:

shannon said...

Gina, these are so funny--I love them! I'll be back to read more. :)

Love the new blog format.