Thursday, February 26, 2009

Motiviation

I need help. I am not motivated to workout & diet. I know what the benefits are but it's so hard to get my butt into gear.

Getting up at the butt crack of dawn - 4:30 is just stupid hard. But I manage to pull myself out of bed & go at least 2-3x a week. I even have a great work out partner & friend that goes with me. But I still cannot find the motivation.

Does anyone else feel this way? What helps you?

3 comments:

Julie D. said...

oh my Lord...i'm right there with you. did you read my m & m's not me? (im not kidding...costco size bag) seriously, i have issues with food. up until having kids my metabolism kept me from getting in trouble. now its not good. i emailed some friends last week and said forget this...i need some accountability. so we are going to start a little weight loss group. this sounds silly but last week i had to imagine that i was at one of those destination health spas where you workout and eat crazy healthy all day...(well minus the massages, facials, and relaxing and plus three kids)...but you get the idea. mentally, it worked for me. its the after 4pm part that is killer for me. way to go with your working out. that is awesome! You'll get there...we'll get there. I guess we have to be somewhat patient with ourselves. oh, i always put a magazine on the treadmill that has a really fit girl on the page that motivates me to push harder and picture myself getting there! ;) keep it up gina!

Christabelle said...

I think I'll just post an "I hear ya!" I was so motivated earlier on to eat well and exercise. I did my pilates and my Tae Bo during naptime and everything was great. Now I can hardly stand to look at my Pilates for Pregnancy DVD and would rather nap with my kids. And I know right after baby's born it's still going to be a while. So I'll pray for you and hope you find what you're looking for!

SarahDB said...

I'm so impressed with you Gina. I can't believe ho early you get up to work out. Its amazing!

The only thing I know about sticking to a work out plan is to do what you like. If you hate running but like to ride the bike then ride the bike and don't force yourself to run. Do you you like and your likely to keep at it.

Oh, when I was working out in the mornings to get in shape for my wedding I would rotate morning runs or trips to the gym with home yoga or pilates videos. It worked for me to mix it up. It there was a day when I really wanted an extra 15 minutes of sleep I would do the video. So I was always getting my workout in some way.

Way to go Gina! You are already doing amazing.