Tuesday, February 03, 2009

MOPS Tuesdays

I love MOPS Tuesdays, I love them even more when my husband has the day off and offers to keep one of the girls. So this morning Ellia got to be with daddy and Addie came with Mama to MOPS. MOPS was great as usual. During MOPS I get a text from Bill and it says "Elle and I are running errands call us after mops".

So I get to the car and as it's warming up, cause ya know it's still very cold here in the NW, I call him. He's been to work to send some emails and get his car washed. His store has a car wash & I secretly think he likes showing off the girls to his co-workers. He says to me "So what are we doing for lunch?" and I'm thinking lunch??? I just left MOPS and am stuffed. But I play along and say "I don't know, why, what were you thinking?" He says "Why don't you meet me down at Greenlake? We'll let Elle play at the park & we'll grab some lunch". I agree excitedly. I love Greenlake and what a fun, spontaneous afternoon trip.

Here are some pictures from our afternoon of fun.

Spuds Fish & Chips where we had lunch
Someone discovered "the nectar of the god's" as daddy called it - tarter sauce

Here she is dipping a fork into the tarter sauce. Basically all Ellia ate at lunch was tarter sauce.

Trying to slide down backwards on the slide
Sliding down the slide
And now trying to crawl back up it. She sure loves the slide.

Done with the slide & ready to concur the rest of the park.


Daddy helping her to go down the slide on her bottom.

This is daddy after he had to run after & catch Ellia. Someone thought it would be fun to take off on her own adventure when Mama was tending to Addie & Daddy was tending to Bubba who was barking at a squirrel.

View of the lake from our table at lunch. What a beautiful day!!

5 comments:

Julie D. said...

ooh, fun!! I think I secretly would love to live in Seattle.

CulyQFun said...

Ohh, I still secretly want too. My heart pains for Seattle when we drive into the city. I'm a city girl for sure!!

Christabelle said...

I love the pictures! Your family is so cute!

SarahDB said...

Thats so sweet. I share Julie's secret desire too! Seattle is my favorite city to live in. The weekend flowers at Pikes Place alone make all of the cloudy days worth it.

Christy said...

I'm sorry but Bill's 'nectar of the gods' comment...beautiful!