Yesterday, I was reading McMama's blog and she wrote something that has been radiating within me since I read it.
She wrote "the dishes aren't sacred" - explaining that while she may have many small children running around & a house to clean - those things don't trump spending time with her husband. In the evenings after their children are put to bed they spend time together. The dishes stay in the sink, the laundry stays in the dryer and stuff stays on the floor. All these things can & will be addressed the next day. She also wrote that she is "learning to put my husband first in all things". Wow!!!
This profoundly hit me. Seems so simple but yet not. How many times do I put the girls to bed and then make the "run around" as I like to all it? Picking up toys, folding loads of laundry, sweeping (my new daily chore - thanks to Bubba's hair) and whatever else I feel needs my attention at that time.
Unfortunately I make these things more important than Bill. I know Bill would never tell me "stop cleaning" as he understands how busy I am during the day and knows that this is my chance to catch up. However, this is exactly why I believe these words hit me so strongly.
Recently I've been challenged by the Lord to really read & study Proverbs 31 - The Virtuous Wife. And in these verses I have found many areas that I fee the Lord challenging me to address.
vs. 11 "The heart of her husband safely trusts her; So he will have no lack of gain"
Bill trusts me with all his heart this I know, but does he lack? Yes, he lacks time with me. Time to share his heart, time to tell me about his day and his favorite "snuggle time". And by completing my "run around" I am missing valuable time with him. I am saying you aren't as important as these dishes. Again, Wow!!
The Lord really knows how to talk to me. Through blogs! No really, He hit home an area that he has been challenging me in for some time now. It's so cool how the Lord works - how he will use whatever measure he needs to get his point across to you. In my case - by reading a blog that I love and then hitting me with conviction right where I needed it.
Thanks MckMama for rocking this gals world!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment