Monday, November 10, 2008

To my darling 1 month old daughter

Yesterday, my sweet darling baby girl you turned 1 month old and wow has time flown by. You came into this world 1 month early & ready for the adventures that life will bring.
You were welcomed joyfully by Daddy, Mommy, Big Sister Ellia as well as lots of other family & friends. We were so excited to finally hold you & see your sweet face.

Today we took you for your 1 month check up. You weighed in at 8lbs and 20 inches long. You are making a slow but steady climb into being a big girl. As your doctor said today "She is on the petite side". Which is fine with us as we know you'll catch up with your big sister soon.

In just a month you have brought me so much joy. I love when you are awake and looking all around exploring this big world. Or when you are nursing and I catch you staring up at me. This melts my heart to pieces. Your sweet smell is so wonderful and when that baby smell is gone I'm sure I'll cry as I did with your big sister. I didn't realize how much I missed having a tiny baby around.

Your conception was a bit of a surprise to mommy and daddy. But not a mistake or accident by any means. As you were created out of love on the love day - Valentines Day! And for that we are so grateful.

Soon enough you will be a big girl playing with your big sister and getting into trouble I'm sure. But for now I will snuggle with you and enjoy every moment.

I love you sweet Adilynn!

No comments: