Sunday, November 09, 2008

Not Me Monday!

Not Me Monday post - a little earlier than Monday morning.

This past week, no matter what anyone tells you to the contrary, I most certainly did not:

  • No matter what the Walmart worker tells you this mama did not walk into the men's restroom by mistake. I thought the fact that the restroom only had 2 stalls - one of which was out of order was strange for a women's bathroom. Then I looked to my left and saw the urinals all against the wall. (obviously no men were in the restroom) I quickly turned around to exit and ran into two men whom both were laughing and one said "chose the wrong restroom, huh?" Don't believe the walmart worker - it wasn't me.
  • Upon our drive to Portland to see extended family my husband made a stop at Cabela's where this mama spent 2.5 hours strolling around looking at camping gear, fishing poles, lots & lots of camouflage clothes and dead animals with our girls. At the same time trying to keep her girls behaved & trying to have a good attitudewhile my husband bought a new shotgun. ( I did somehow by the Grace of God manage to keep a good attitude.)
  • While in Cabela's this mama most certainly did not let her 1yr old crawl under the bathroom stall door cause it would be easier than picking her up. (Did I mention she crawled under the stall next to me first - with a woman in there? ) Having her walk out of the stall would've been a better mama thing to do, right?
  • When the Costco cashier told me "Ms. you really need to get a photo on your card" - This mama did not say to her "My husband is a manager at Costco and we usually shop at his store so I'm really not too concerned about my photo" - with the cashier replying "I understand that but you really should think about getting a photo" - And then when I complained to my husband hoping to get some support he told me "She was just doing her job"
  • This week I got some new clothes for winter. A few new sweaters, a pair of jeans and some winter shirts. Giddy with excitement I raced home to clean out my closet and hang up all my new clothes. Cleaning out meant packing up 2 years of maternity clothes - which felt SOOOO good. While packing up the maternity clothes I came across a brown maternity tee-shirt that had big purple "G" on it with the words "It's a girl" across the belly. I realized I hadn't worn this shirt while pregnant the 2ND time around. And this mama did not sit down on the closet floor and start crying. Nope cause that would mean after 4 weeks she was still hormonal. And being hormonal & emotional 4weeks post delivery couldn't possibly be alright?
  • This mama did not race around the house on MOPS Tuesday trying to get the girls ready, diaper bag packed & make her hash brown casserole only to burn herself on the oven. And this mama most certainly did not go ahead to MOPS even though her husband insisted she should go to the doctor. To only later humbly call her husband and say "I think I need to go to the doctor" - which resulted in a 2ND degree burn diagnosis, cream & bandages and oh yeah.....a tetanus shot.
  • Yesterday this mama did not ask her husband to travel to not 1 but 3 baby stores in the Portland area to look at double strollers. And we are going to another one today! All in the name of finding the "perfect" double stroller.

1 comment:

Julie D. said...

love the crying on the closet floor one!