Monday, November 17, 2008

Not Me Monday!

This past week, no matter what anyone tells you to the contrary, I most certainly did not:

  • I did not after weeks of fussing & yes complaining get my new stroller. Only to be too impatient to wait for my husband to put it together. So my 1 yr old and I did not spend the morning reading the directions and putting it together. Nope the proper thing would have been to wait, right?
  • This mama did not then promptly take the stroller out for the afternoon. And proclaim over and over " I love this stroller " to anyone who would listen.
  • Upon removing my daughter's pony tails the other night I did not tell her "this is the price we pay for beauty" when she cried while I was removing the rubber bands. (even though I may have wound them too tight that morning)
  • This mama did not cry the day her husband went back to work - after being off for 5 weeks on maternity leave. And then continue to cry off and on all day. Even though she told him she'd be fine and was ready for a routine to start again.
  • This mama isn't continuing to eat like she is pregnant. So the home made cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting, brownies, hashbrown casserole and stuffed shells that appeared in our home this week - I didn't make them. Nope cause this mama is trying to work on being good when it comes to eating again.

3 comments:

Julie D. said...

oh good--- so the butterfinger cake, chocolate chip cookies, and cinnamon rolls don't count in my house either? phew! i refuse to keep saying...tomorrow will be the day I start dieting. ;) I was going to start today but then I had butterfinger cake for breakfast!

Julie D. said...

for some reason i need another gina post today! must have been the super post saturday that made me want more! ;)

Christabelle said...

We might have to have a stroller discussion. I have a double stroller that is TOTALLY impractical for anything but a long walk on a straight road.

Hugs and sympathy for getting through this next transition of your hubby going back to work. That's a hard one.