So we are admitted to our room - 2150 - which is next door to the room we were in a year ago delivering Ellia. Funny huh?
We get all hooked up to the machines, monitors, IV in and settled into the bed. It's 2:30 am and we turn the down the lights to get some rest until Miss Adilynn decides it's time to come. Sometime around 4am ish Auntie Susan shows up. She is going to be in the labor room when Adilynn comes.
The three of us get some more rest. Well the 2 of them do, I rest between contractions which are still about 5-6 minutes apart but manageable.
At 5am I start thinking/salivating about McDonalds breakfast. No really I can taste a Bacon, Egg & Cheese biscuit. Which the last time I had about 3 months before made me sick & I threw up. So I've stayed away from McDonalds since then. But crazy what you think will satisfy you when you're in labor. So Susan offers to make a run to get breakfast. I take her up on the offer - cause if I'm going to have an epidural later I wanted to make sure I'd eaten. Breakfast comes and it's GREAT!! Hits the spot. I scarf down half the biscuit and am fully satisfied.
About 6am I decide to get up and walk around for a bit. So I put on those pleasant underwear they give you after labor. Ya know the "breezy" ones? Yeah, Jen tells me you might want to have something on in case your water breaks while you're walking the hospital floors. We walk around the 4 of us. Bill, Susan, Me & my new friend Mr. IV pole. My best friend Melissa shows up shortly later and we become 5 walking around the hospital floors.
At 6:30 the on call doctor comes in. Gives me an EXAM. Tells me I am almost a 7 and still just about 90% effaced. We decide to wait till the next on call doctor comes on after 7:30 before administering any drugs or breaking my water. Which still hadn't broken by this point. So we continue the walking just the "5 of us".
Later about 8:30 the next on call doctor - the one who would deliver Adilynn comes into meet us & examine me. (my doctor was off this day) She examines me and says "you're still a 7 and 90%, but if I break your water it will speed things up & bring on labor faster". I tell her "Go for it, break that bag, lets get this rolling". She brings out her long crochet needle thing (it really looks like a crochet needle) and breaks my water. The water starts to trickle out. Not the RUSH I felt with Ellia by any means. She leaves and says "I'll see you again very soon"
2 comments:
I am having a love/hate relationship with this story. I love reading out it in so much detail but I hate having to wait until the next episode.
Keep it coming!
LOL Just found it and thinking the same thing. What an adventure!
Post a Comment