Thursday, September 25, 2008

Obsessed

In 6 days my sweet baby girl Ellia will turn 1 years old. Wow!! Time sure flys bye. It seems like just yesterday I was holding her for the first time. So with no time to waste I began planning her 1st birthday party - In July. Yes, I started planning in July. I created a folder on the computer named "Ellia's first birthday" and inside it I kept ideas, websites, growing guest list etc. My husband thought it was a passing thing and would go away. He didn't really think I was serious. Little did he know ;o)

About 2 weeks ago I began to feel the frenzy of the birthday party approaching. And I realized I had begun to become Obsessed.

Websters defines Obsessed as - to haunt or excessively preoccupy the mind, to engage in obsessive thinking : become obsessed with an idea.

Here are a few of the things that I have become obsessed within the last few months:


1. Getting her birthday invitations printed & in the mail. But first I had to come up with a theme - With Cowboy theme picked out we were ready for pictures. So we headed to Auntie Melissa's to take pictures on her pony. (which I am thrilled to say is making an appearance at the party) Then after finding outrageous prices on invitations online we spent the day with our friend Diana creating her adorable invitations. This is just one of the pictures we used.

2. Finding the "perfect" outfit for Ellia's 1st birthday photos. The outfit had to be new and it had to be just right. You only take 1st birthday photos once, right? Below is the outfit, complete with brown boots.

3. Ellia cutting her first tooth. Like she can control when she cuts her first tooth. I smiled nicely when my friends kids, both only 4months old got their first teeth - but deep down I was wishing & hoping for Ellia's teeth. As if the world would end if she turned one without a tooth. But none the less I checked her gums at least 4x a day. Sure that after 2 hours a tooth would appear and I didn't want to miss it.
It finally came in 2 weeks ago!!! This is a picture of me trying to get her to open her mouth to show her tooth. Trust me it's there!



4. Finding Adilynn's coming home dress. Back two months ago I found the "perfect" dress at Carter's outlet. It was turquoise in color with little brown poke dots, but they didn't have newborn size. So the search began. I began checking every store I went into for this dress. Fred Meyers, Target, Macy's - you name the store - I searched it. Even sent my friends into stores I hadn't visited & had my mother in Florida on wild goose chases looking for the dress.
Then last Sunday, Bill is out shopping with Ellia (I was at stamp club/scrap booking) and he call's - "I found the dress for Addie to come home in". So I'm thinking - "hmmm, is it really the one?" Now I love my husband and he has good taste but this is the day our 2nd daughter comes home and this dress must be just right. I get home and this is the dress he found. Give him a BIG Gold Star. I love it and am very pleased with it.


5. With the party fast approaching I was trying to gather all the goodies, prizes, decorations etc to make it match the Cowboy theme I had decided on. Here is my big box of goodies, cowboy hats for all the children (19 total), decorations, napkins, plates etc...
6. Another obsession was getting Ellia switched from a bottle to the sippy cup by her birthday. Just when I thought she was never going to use a cup she picked it up one day and began drinking. Much to daddy's excitement it was her Boston Redsox cup. I am happy to say that Ellia now drinks her am & noon bottles out of a sippy cup.
7. Finishing her scrapbook for the party. I want to have it displayed so others can see her first year moments. Plus, I want to have autograph pages for everyone who is here on her big day to sign. So every night for the last few weeks I have been sitting at my crafting table scrap booking away. At one point I told Bill "She better love this album" - I am happy to say that as of today I only have a few pages to complete. It will be ready for Sunday.


Now, with all these things accomplished maybe just maybe I can rest a little and enjoy my daughters party. You can bet I'll post pics of the party - that is after I've recovered.

1 comment:

Kim said...

That top picture of Ellia in her cowgirl getup is SO adorable! :)