Monday, June 23, 2008

New Kids On The Block

That's right I now hold in my hand my ticket to the NKOTB concert on 11-22-08. No you aren't seeing things this 31 year old, soon to be mother of two is going to the NKOTB concert.

Ohhh, those were the days - back when I was 12. Back when my wall was plastered with Teen Beat magazine posters of NKOTB and other hotty boy crushes. Back when my babysitting money and allowance was spent buying the latest scrunchy, Aqua net hairspray and Teen Beat magazines.

NKOTB was my 1st concert. One that I almost didn't get to go to. But my father insisted it would be okay and to let me go even when my mother objected. So my friend Andrea and I waited in line for 8hrs at Bell Square to buy our tickets. Then the night of the concert we made signs, got all glamorized in our "cool" concert gear and headed to the T-Dome to see our favorite guys. (I have pictures of us - I will have to find them and post them) I was in love with Joey and she Jordan. We were convinced we were going to meet them and marry them.

Flash forward 19 years.......I am 31 years old, pregnant (well newly given birth) & going to see my "guys" again. Ohh, yes pregnancy..... My due date has been stated as 11-5 or 11-9 somewhere in that vicinity. So if for some reason this baby comes late I will literally be a week post birth going to this concert. But it will all be worth it. So on 11-22-08 my five friends and I will hop into a minivan, pop in the newest NKOTB CD and jam our way down to the T-Dome to see our guys.

Just so you're all clear my husband thinks I'm crazy. He thinks all of my friends and I are crazy. I think he's just scared that he will have to watch a newborn and a 13 month old alone that night ;o)

Till the CD comes out & the concert arrives I will "Step by Step" my way through my pregnancy, tell my husband "You got the right stuff", "Keep on Smilin" cuz "I'll Still Be Loving You" and as I head out the door he'll probably say "Please Dont Go Girl" but I'll be "Hanging Tough" at the concert with my guys.

4 comments:

Julie D. said...

oh my gosh, thats freakin hilarious! I just want to see pictures of the 31 year old mom 'pumping' in the bathroom stall of the NKOTB concert!

I heard they were making a comeback! crazy!

CulyQFun said...

And you know I will be. Dont worry I will post pics...of the concert that is.

SarahDB said...

Step one!....You will have lots of fun.

HA! I Love the song montage. NOw its not even 7:30 and all I can do is sing New Kids Songs.

Christy said...

That is pure awesomeness!!!! Wish I was going with you!!!