This sweet face had the mother of all blow outs today! Yeppers and I was out at Costco when it happened. I almost cried.The day started so nicely. Ellia all dressed in her pretty little denim dress with red tights, red hairbow and black mary jane shoes. We were headed to have lunch with Auntie Susan at work and then onto Grandma & Grandpa's for a pre Valentine Day visit.
As I pulled into the Issaquah Costco to buy flowers for Auntie Susan I smelled a nice aroma. Now anyone reading this know's what I mean by "aroma". She was sound asleep and wasn't squacking so I figured it wasn't too bad and I would just change her in the bathroom when I was finished buying the flowers. Apparently that wasn't a good idea.
As I began to take her clothes off in the Costco bathroom she began to cry....cry...cry....cry and CRY. Which echoed off the walls of the bathroom all the way down the hallway to the cash registers. She had pooped out the sides of the diaper and up the front & back. Yes, that's right out of every single opening of her diaper. Her outfit was COVERED in a thick, pea green poop substance. (Want you to all get a good visual here) I had no choice to but to strip her down and give her a spit bath with baby wipes right there. All while she is screaming her head off. And then if it couldn't get an worse.................... She pee'd........Yes, she was so worked up that she pee'd right there on the changing table. Which you guessed it turned the thick, pea green poop into a nice runny, pea green substance. Any part of her body that I had just cleaned up was now dirty again. It was at this moment that I almost broke down into tears. I managed to keep my composure, clean her up and give her a nice cuddle & hug to calm her down.
We then walked over to visit Auntie Susan who was very understanding about my ordeal. I had to tell someone as Bill was at work and I was desperate to tell someone about our bathroom experience. The rest of the day went very well, but this blow out will live in the history books and in stories until Ellia is old & gray.
4 comments:
Ahhahahahaha! Ahhahaha... Wow Motherhoos sounds awesome. Now that is a Valentine's Day gift to remember.
sweet ellia, she just had to go! ;) Been there, Gina. Usually in the least convenient of places. I'm so sorry. Glad the rest of the day turned out okay.
Oh man!!! That brings back some fun times!!;o) I believe those are the experiences that keep me from getting too full of myself....cleaning up someone else's pool of poop can really bring me down a few notches!!:o)
Isn' motherhood grand?
Post a Comment