Saturday, February 23, 2008

"Don't hope to be. Choose"

The other day Bill's cousin Sarah wrote a blog about her wedding that is coming up very quickly. At the end of her blog she wrote the words "Don't hope to be happy. Choose." This statement has had me thinking for days. It so made an impact on me that I knew instantly I was going to blog about it very soon. With the help of Bill's other cousin Julie I was able to get some blogging questions answered and here we are.

Now back to the "Don't hope to be happy. Choose." statement. Isn't this statement the most basic of instructions for life. Isn't it so easy that we sometimes forget about it and find ourselves in the hope mode of life? I know I have at times. There's a song with the lyrics "Wishing and hoping" and the tune to the song is so easy you find yourself singing along. Don't get me wrong I love the song & it is in one of my favorite movies of all times (My Best Friend's Wedding) But life isn't about Wishing and hoping its about CHOOSING:

1. Choosing to love the Lord & accept His gift of salvation
2. Choosing to be obedient to the Lord
3. Choosing your mate & to fulfill your vows
4. Choosing your child's name ( you do hope here, hope they like it)
5. Choosing what type of toilet paper to buy ( threw this one in just for fun)
6. Choosing to be happy every day No matter what happens
7. Choosing to rely on the Lord because He promises are real and He will guide & direct us

For the past two months I've been following another blog CF Husband and it is here that I found out about Nate, his wife Tricia and their beautiful daughter Gwyneth Rose. Tricia is suffering from Cystic Fibrosis and is currently waiting for a double lung transplant. Their miracle baby girl was born very early due to complications from the CF. I will admit I am a bit ADDICTED to this blog. I check it at least once a day sometimes more. I've shared their story with Bill and he too checks the blog. We then began praying for this couple and their daughter daily. Their story is an amazing one of life, love, and CHOOSING. They have made the choice to be happy, to roll with whatever God throws at them, to go against the odds and face life head on. Their story is so inspirational that I cannot help but read it. Before Sarah posted her blog with the statement "Don't hope to be happy. Choose" I told my husband and mother-n-law that Nate & Tricia were choosing to be happy and that in turn was having an impact on me just by reading their blogs. Even though they are 3000+ miles away they inspire me every day.

They are truly an inspiration and living example of the statement "Don't hope to be happy. Choose" And when I find myself starting to hope about life and all it brings my way I will remember the "Don't hope to be happy. Choose" statement and I will CHOOSE to be happy and Thankful for all that the Lord has given me.



1 comment:

SarahDB said...

You are an amazing woman. I love you and love that you are a part of my family. I check CF Husband at least once daily too! HA!

~S

PS- I got an adorable Valentine's Day card from you daughter. Thank you!