Tuesday, August 09, 2005

A friend Loves at all times

The relationships/friendships between women are a truely amazing thing. I have always known this fact but was recently reminded of it once again. (Sometimes you take things for granted and it takes a moment of stupidity to remind you how important things really are.)

Women have this unique ability to lash out, forgive/forget & then cry all within minutes of fighting/arguing with a good friend. I know when God was creating us He knew that we would need this ability to make it through life and didnt hesitate in awarding us this trait instead of our counterparts. But along with this trait, ability, curse.... whatever you might call it comes much sorrow, exhaustion, misconception, frustration and lots & lots of tears.

This unique trait that was bestowed upon us women was recently tested and applied in my own life. On two seperate occassions with different friends I was brought to my breaking point....and sadly I reacted in the wrong manner. I spouted off (imagine that ) and then I did what I do best...I turned and ran as far from them as I could get. Afraid to face the facts, admit I was wrong, upset that I had been cornered and confronted. But within minutes was able to see the reality of the situation, see where I was wrong, see where I needed to change & wanted to change. I came back to both of them, apologized and then shed those tears that us women are sooooo famous for.

And as I sit here typing now... a tear is shed but this time with a smile upon my face. Because I am reminded of the following verse "A friend Loves at all times" Prov. 17:17. And I am reminded of how great my friends truely are. How much they make me laugh, keep me accountable, forgive my attuides, put up with my sarcasim & sports talk/stats, speak sense into me when needed (and we know I need this quite often) and yes.... even cry with me. A true friendship is one that sticks by you through and through no matter what comes your way. Thru thick and thin....they are there...ready to do battle on your behalf all in the true name of Love & Friendship.

**This blog is dedicated to all my friends (and you know who you are) who have laughed, cried, confronted and just stood by me through the years. Without you life would be a very sad place. You make my life enjoyable and fun. Thank You!**

3 comments:

Fran said...

I can't imagine life without Gina! It feels like I haven't seen much of you lately and I must say I miss you! (And you're not the only one who spouts off when you shouldn't and has to apologize. It's amazing how I can still talk with both feet in my mouth!)

CulyQFun said...

Thanks Fran...Its good to hear I'm not the only one. I miss you too. Cant wait for Women's study to start.

steve said...

God Bless!

If you get a chance could you please say a prayer for a little girl named "Rebekah" who has cancer. God knows who you will be praying about! Thank you so much!

Trying to rally some good Christian Prayer for her and her family!