Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mothers Day

This past weekend was Mothers Day.  It started off with breakfast in bed, nice start for sure. But just as quickly as it appeared Bill was running out the door to work leaving me on my  Mothers Day with the kids.

I managed to get us to church 15minutes just a tad late but none the less to church.

Then because it was my Mothers Day I had already decided the kids and I were going to do something but going home to sit for the day wasn't an option. So we headed to lunch at my favorite breakfast place, Patty's Eggnest. The wait was forever and trying to wrangle 3 hungry kids by myself was joyous. I will not lie I found myself wondering "what were you thinking?"  But eventually the waitress either took pity on me or wanted the crazy children to stop playing peek-a-boo in the windows and seated us. (Need to remember to show her Norwex cleaning cloths for the windows next time)


After a spilled water, spilled syrup & lunch was eaten we left the restaurant & headed for Mukilteo Beach with a a few other thousand or so moms there with their families!  It was crowded and I had to circle 2x before I spotted a man walking to his car. I did NOT proceed to wait for 6minutes on him with my blinker on, holding up traffic & I did NOT yell speak very loudly at Ellia "Have patience, he is going to leave and we are waiting until he does" when she said "Mom, he's not leaving can we just drive around again?" I would never yell on my Mothers Day.

We finally got our spot and headed to the beach. It was a lovely afternoon of playing in the sand, throwing rocks in the water, climbing on the playground & then a trip down to Ivar's for ice cream cones. Afterwards we headed home to relax on the couch with some snuggle time.

It may have been Mothers Day and it may have been more like a normal day for us. BUT it was MY day, we had a great time and we were together having fun. And as I sat there watching my 3 beautiful babies play in the water I realized how truly lucky I am.

I have 3 beautiful, healthy & loving children. Whom I prayed many years for. And I celebrated Mothers Day with them being a Mother. What better way to spend my day?



No comments: