Friday, March 30, 2012

Therapeutic, really?

I recently began going to counseling and it's something I have never done before. After many years of trying to be perfect, shove all my emotions down & an underlying rage I finally took the BIG step in this direction - the counselors office. I have a very supportive husband who I am sure was grateful to have a wife finally admit she had some real issues that she needed to deal with. Would you be surprised that I am finding each session to be - hold on to it -  Therapeutic - Who knew?? (insert a chuckle)

At first I was so nervous  and had so many questions:
-would she be nice? - for sure
-would she go all Psycho babble on me? - not really
-would she ask me all about Team D? - yep
-would she ask me about my whole family? - yep
-would I cry? - yep sure did
-would I get angry? - not yet, but with me there's no telling
-would I keep going? - at first the only reason I did go was b/c the Coach drove me but now each week it's kinda of nice.

Tuesday is coming & I am looking forward to it,



No comments: