Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Beach Day Fun & June summed up

Wow, Today was the last day of June. It's crazy how 2009 is flying bye so fast. Here are a few of our June moments:
  • This month we had great weather, which is weird for Seattle to have such nice weather so early in the summer.
  • Addie started to eat more solids. Banana's, humus & mashed potato's are among her favorites.
  • Ellia learned many new words like Airplane and Bus - and she knows what they are. Every time we see a bus she says "mama, buuuus". We joke she has radar ears cause she can hear a plane from far away even before we see it. And she is always looking in the sky for them.
  • Ellia and I planted tomato's and I am happy to report that there are actual little green tomato's growing!! I am soooo excited about having my own tomato's. Who knew growing my own food would be this fun. What should we grow now??
  • Ellia is really into trying to "pay" with Addie. Trying to give her big girl toys & trying to get her to crawl. She is such a good big sister. And my favorite thing is when she picks up a book and talks in her gibberish - pretending to read to Addie. I love that!!! Melts my heart every time.
  • Bubba got the new ferminator brush & let me tell ya, that thing works!!! I have brushed him at least 3x a week for the last 2 weeks and I am happy to report not as much hair is on the floor. There is still hair on my floors, but not as much I'm sure.
  • Bill has been traveling alot to other Warehouses training other Marketing departments on a new computer system that Costco rolled out for their marketing departments. The girls and I accompanied him on one such trip. We spent the day exploring the city of Wenatchee. (let me tell ya there ain't much there - But we did have lots of fun playing at their many parks) This is such a great thing for him to be recognized as a leader & trainer. It sounds like he might head to Alaska at the end of July to train their 2 buildings.
  • I have been busy with the girls as usual but I have found a new hobby. Making the girls barrettes. I got tired of spending so much $$ on these stinkin cute & little things. So one night I looked them over and said to Bill "I can make these" and so I have started. I am having so much fun!!
  • To mark the end of June we visited the beach with my Best Friend, Melissa and her 4 children. "Auntie Missy" and I have been friends for 15years and she is such a blessing in my life. It's crazy how life has come full circle. I used to watch her kids and now they are watching mine. All the kids had fun today, even the oldest who is 18 and wanted to come with us today! (which reminds me I still need to post his graduation pics)



Moriah, Ellia and Bekah wading in the water

Jasmine and Ellia having some water fun


Ellia decided sitting at the waters edge was best

Yet another sand eater


Playing on the spinner thing at the playground

Ellia loved being spun around on this thing


MMMM, strawberry ice cream (and Yes I matched her ice cream to her shirt, I'm anal like that)


I had all the kids pose for this picture - they all look thrilled don't they?




4 comments:

Christabelle said...

I love the pictures! I still can't believe how big everyone's gotten!

Julie D. said...

oh my word that is funny that you matched the icecream to her shirt! you are serious, aren't you?! I love it.

lifeunscripted said...

Just so you know, I snagged the last photo. I just had to have a photo of Calvin's new do and Jazzy looks too grown up. Funny, all the kids look related, are you sure you aren't Melissa's long lost sister!

CulyQFun said...

Ha, Ha sometimes we wish we were related, but we practically are. Yes, isn't it weird how the younger girls look like mine? Crazy huh!
No worries about snagging the photo, you are their aunt.