Monday, April 27, 2009

Weekend Getaway - full of Not Me Mondays!!

Friday evening I helped tuck Addie into bed, put Ellia in the high chair with some ice-cream - always a good distraction, kissed Bill goodbye & ran out the door to my much anticipated all girls weekend getaway. It was GREAT!! We laughed, watched a ton of girly movies, ate lots of yummy food, scrap booked and made crafts/cards.

I did NOT shed a few tears on my way to pick up my friend that night. First, I hadn't given Addie a kiss goodbye - so I called to tell Bill to kiss her for me and give her loves. While on the phone I heard Ellia crying. So I asked him why she was crying and he replied "Ohh, she had discovered you're gone & is walking around calling "Mama, Mama" and looking for you." I lost it right there and then. Secondly, I have never left Bill or the girls for 2 WHOLE nights. My friends promptly told me to get over it & that they would be fine & I moved on.

I did NOT leave love notes all over the house for Bill to find. Notes on the tv remote controls, computer, changing tables, bathroom mirrors, toilet seats and on his pillows.

I don't know what I enjoyed more this weekend - okay probably the 2 nights of UN-interrupted sleep. Although they weren't long hours of sleep they were UN-INTERRUPTED sleep - which to any mom you understand how precious sleep is.

While on my way home I did NOT confided to my friend that I was a bit worried as to what my house would look like. Daddy at home for two full nights & 2 full days with the girls & the dog. Yikes!

I entered the house - smelled okay (no burnt smells), it was quiet (no loud crying or screaming), the family room half way decent - not too many toys scattered about.....things actually looked okay. It really did not look like a tornado had ripped through the house. (I was anticipating that given that last weekend when I returned from stamp club that is how my house looked)

Bill greeted me in the kitchen with a kiss & a completely naked (except for a diaper) Ellia. He had just given her a bath & they were getting ready to do the dishes. (this was the only thing that was left UN-attended too the entire weekend)

This is what Addie looked like when I got her up from her nap:
Do you see that the camo's do NOT match???? And he took her out in public like this. Oh, with her pink Boston hat & camo baby crocks too. His response "What it's all camo"

This is a picture of both girls:
Guess if this is all that went wrong I cannot complain. Bill was not alone in the "daddy daycare" department this weekend. Here are a few of the escapades from my friends husbands:

  • One husband did NOT give his daughter a bath while she ate her dinner......in the bathtub.
  • Above mentioned husband did NOT call his wife after 45 minutes and tell her "I'm done, I cannot do this"
  • Another husband did NOT take his son to church in sweat pants - from the day before & that he had slept in as well.
  • One husband did NOT call his wife almost every hour on Saturday.
  • The same husband did NOT pay our other friends, 9 year old daughter $10 bucks to watch 7 children under 4yrs old so that the other 3 daddies could go out in the backyard and smoke cigars.
  • And this same daddy did NOT post this on facebook last night "Troy has waived the white flag. Special thanks to my parents, Dave & Geromy for chipping in watching the kiddos while Lindsay was away. Seriously - CRYING ALL THE TIME can get old real fast.
  • While eating our breakfast of french toast & strawberries, hash brown casserole and sausage balls yesterday morning we mommies did NOT remark "Ha, were probably eating better than her hubbies and kids right now".....and then laugh.
Bill did confess yesterday that he found a new appreciation for what I do every day. And that he now understands why I am so tired each & every day.

Ahhhh, what a wonderful weekend it was. When are we doing it again???

4 comments:

Julie D. said...

that's so cute. i love the daddy 'not me's'. glad you had a good time!

LeAnne said...

Oh my! That made me laugh so hard! :) At least Bill gave Ellia a bath. The first thing I did when we got home was give the kiddos a bath - they were a MESS!!!! I wouldn't have known about what Noah wore to church but David told me and then said 'why did I confess that to you' :)

lifeunscripted said...

Thanks for sharing Gina. I'm glad Bill survived the weekend. Albert can't go 2 hours alone with Siri and Elisabeth (I've seen what he looks like afterwards; weekend getaways are not in my near future =()

SarahDB said...

I love it! That is really funny. I love all of the 'matching' camo. HA! Sounds like it a great weekend for the whole family!