Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Itchful of Thanks!

So yesterday morning at 4am when I got up to feed Addie I noticed that I had hives starting. I was very itchy! I took some allergy meds, fed Addie & went back to bed. When I got up they were still there. But I had to push through as it was MOPS Tuesday, my day to bring food (yet again), and I cannot take any benedryl or allergy meds during the day because they make me SUPER sleepy. Sleepy = not good with 2 little girls.

When I got home from MOPS I fed the girls & put them down for naps. I tried to sleep a bit but not so much luck. I got up & checked my now VERY itchy body & assessed the damage. They were getting very bad & starting to cover not so fun areas....like my left eye, my chest, the palms of my hands etc...You get my drift. I decide I have to call Bill and fill him in on my itchy predicament.

I ask him to hurry home & could he pick me up some benedryl. Well he did more than that!!!

Not only did he come home EARLY (he sensed my urgency & could tell it was bad by just my voice) and bring me the benedryl I asked for he also brought me roses & a bag of dark chocolate candies. (not so good for me - since I lost 6lbs in the week -n-half) But it sure brought a smile to my very puffy & itchy face.

I love you Bill!!!! I am a very Thankful & Blessed wife.

2 comments:

SarahDB said...

Holy cow! What caused them anyway? Hives are awful. What a sweet and thoughtful husband. :) I'm glad you're better too!

Julie D. said...

oh yuck. that is not fun. way to go on 6lbs!! oh, and thanks for sending that meal plan idea. its great. talk to you soon!