
What does this picture have to do with scrap booking? This is how my day of scrap booking day ended......being towed out of the woods and home.
Yeppers, came out to my car not noticing a thing - cause it was dark & snowing. Got up the driveway and almost to the main road & my car felt really weird. My friend and I got out and discovered we had a flat tire. Backed down the dark & scary driveway & called our husbands. It was then that my other friend, who was still there scrap booking discovered that my other back tire was also flat. How do you wind up with not 1 but 2 flat tires? Hmmmm, a question I still cannot answer.
Thank goodness for Melissa's MIL who buys her family AAA every year - due to that we were able to get towed home. The tow truck driver, Chris was very nice. And his 4yr old son Jaden kept Melissa entertained with questions & games of "I spy my little eye on" the WHOLE way home. He was cute but boy could he talk. He promptly told us as we got into the truck, after introducing himself, "Ya know it's snowing outside and do you know what that means? That Christmas is coming again" On a quick note - our tow truck driver had to bring his 4yr old son because his wife was at home with the 8month old. Five days after their daughter was born his wife had a brain aneurysm and a stroke. She is paralyzed on one side, had to learn to talk again and is in intense physical therapy a few days a week. I forgot to get her name, but am going to begin praying for him & his family. This tow truck gig was suppose to be a 2ND job to help bring in extra cash, but he was laid off last week. When you read this, would you please say a prayer for Chris & his family?

Although the day didn't end on the greatest note it did start well. Here are a few pictures of our glorious weekend. I doubled booked myself this weekend. Scrap booking was suppose to be an overnighter. Starting at 9am on Saturday and ending on Sunday at 4pm. However, our church Cedar Park does this service called Presentation Sunday - where we pray for infertile couples & those wishing to get pregnant. We had invited Bill's cousin & her husband for the service. (more to come on that in a later post) In a last minute decision my MIL offered to host a dinner for my husband, our girls, & the cousins so that I could stay a bit longer and scrapbook. Thank you mom!!! (she's a blog stalker)
LeAnne, Sabrina, Lindsey, Jessica, Melissa, Tiffany and I settled in with our car loads of paper, scissors, crickets, tape, glue, stamps and other assorted materials. It was a fabulous day of laughing, eating, watching girly movies (7 by the time we left), scrapping, eating, laughing, card making, talking, laughing & did I mention eating.

Here a great candid shot of LeAnne intensely working on a page, Sabrina in mid sentence, Jessica watching one of the movies, and Melissa working earnestly on her cards. All n all there were 5 baby girl scrapbooks being worked on!
Melissa's goal of 10 cards fell short at 7 but let me tell ya they were amazing cards!! I got 10 pages done in Addie's book and so I feel a little accomplished. (I'll post a few of my favorite pages in the next few days. ) It was a successful day of scrapping and fun times with my friends.
Did I mention that we did a lot of eating. What is a girls weekend without lots of snacks? I mean is there such a thing? Only one question............Did we bring enough?
3 comments:
How fun! It looks like you guys had an awesome time! I'll definitely pray for the tow truck driver. I can't imagine...
Look at those flat FLAT tires. HAH! That is too funny...you know, now that its over. :)
My thoughts exactly Sarah! I can laugh about it now, but not when it was happening.
Post a Comment