Friday, December 26, 2008

Post 1 - Cabin Fever

It has been snowing since December 14th here and I can't remember EVER a time it snowed this long living here in the Pacific Northwest. As I type it is snowing yet again- hmmm the weather man said it was going to stop today.

I love the snow! I love how it sounds when it's falling ( there is a distinct snow falling sound - Trust Me), the way it covers the streets & tree's, the great purity of it's "whiteness" and seeing my daughters face light up when she saw it for the first time.

BUT I am really getting tired of it. I never thought I'd say that. Never thought I'd tell Bill "I am never praying for a white Christmas Again!"

I have been pretty much home bound since it started snowing except for 2 trips out. And to make my cabin fever even better I've been house bound with my parents, my 4 year old autistic nephew and my 2 little girls!

I love my family and my girls but have you ever been stuck in a house with 3 children under age 4 - one of which has special needs? It's been a rough few days trust me. There have been some fun moments - which I will post in other posts.


This is our fence with snow all piled up on it.

Tree's in our side yard.


Bill and our neighbor shoveling our driveway so Bill could go to work.

Almost cleared

The pile of snow after they were done.

No comments: