First thing early this morning we took Ellia to see the Cardiologist at Children's Hospital. She has had a heart murmur since birth and we had to get it checked out. Better safe than sorry. I am happy to report that her heart checked out A-Okay!!
We kept her dressed in her pj's since it was so early
She had to get an EKG done. This is prior to getting hooked up to all the wires.
All hooked up and ready to go.
Then we came home rested for a bit, took a fellow MOPS mom a dinner and drove to Stanwood. What's in Standwood you ask? Why Noah's animal shelter? Why well they had two 2 chocolate lab mix puppies up for adoption. See for as long as Bill and I have been married (2.5 glorious years) we've been talking about a dog. And anyone who knows my husband knows he's wanted a lab. He grew up with a chocolate lab and they make good hunting dogs. We've almost gotten a dog 2x now and each time at the last minute decided against it. So this year for Christmas I was going to surprise Bill and get a dog. This afternoon I just happened to check their website and see the puppies. So I went downstairs and asked Bill "So what are we going to do with the rest of our afternoon?" And he responded with a "I don't know, what do you want to do?" And then I said "I was thinking we'd drive to Noah's today and look at some puppies" He was shocked of course and so then I sent him up to look at their pictures on computer.We loaded up the girls, dropped off the dinner at MOPS mom's home and drove on up to Stanwood. We decided if for whatever reason the dogs didn't work out we'd be okay with it and it wasn't meant to be right now. Now the two dogs up for adoption were already named "Bubba" and "Joshua" - who names a dog "Joshua"?? We both secretly wanted "Bubba" as it would be hard to change a dog's name.
We get to the shelter and are greeted at the door by a volunteer. We tell her why we were there and who we wanted to meet. She immediately says "Well you don't want to see Joshua as he isn't good with children" We both smile at each other and follow her to meet "Bubba".
We learn after spending time with Bubba in his little room and asking a ton of questions that he is a PURE bred chocolate lab. He is 8months old, had all his shots, been to obedience school and extremely good mannered. All the volunteers that had worked with him in the 3 days he'd been there had nothing but positive remarks to say about him. We decide to take him for a walk. But by this point Bill and I are making eyes at each other and we just know he's the dog for us. He walks great on the leash and we decide to make it official. We are going to take Bubba home. So we go back in and begin to file the paperwork. The shelter knew we were going to adopt him and were excited. Here's where it gets crazy.....
So when we walk in and tell them we want to adopt Bubba they get all excited. You see he had made an impression on them in just 3 days and they were happy we were adopting him. PLUS we were the 6000 adoption since they've been open. So they announced over loud speaker that the 6000 adoption was taking place, all the volunteers/workers come out to meet us and they give us a huge basket of goodies. Dog toys, dog food, leash, collar, dog treats, free pet exam at vet of our choice and tons more. Then they asked if they could take our picture for the newsletter.....It was CRAZY!!! Like we were celebrities or something. Another couple came in at this time looking for Bubba but he was already a Detlor.......It was meant to be!!! (Bubba wouldn't have lasted another day)
Meet Team D member#5 - Bubba Detlor.
Isn't he cute???
3 comments:
congrats on detlor number 5! he is so cute and what a great dog! Woohoo! wow. what a day. been there, done that Ekg and echos and all that jazz with Connor. Not fun. So glad it went well though!
AHHHAA! Another cousin! Welcome to the family Bubba. I love it. Absolutely love it.
And hey, I have a heart murmur too. I've had it all of my life and its never affected anything. The only think thats come of it is having the docs always hear it, then ask me if I even know I have it. HA! Ellia and I have our first thing in common. :)
Congratulations on Bubba. I love Labs, too, thanks to Chopper RIP.
Good news about Ellia
Post a Comment