This past week, no matter what anyone tells you to the contrary, I most certainly
did not:
- Meet 6 friends and carpool down in our red minivan to the Tacoma Dome. Where we might have been attending the reunion tour concert of New Kids on the Block. And if you think you saw this mama screaming her head off, waving her hands in the air like she don't care and having a great time you must be wrong. Cause this mama wouldn't dream of acting so Jr highish at 31. Nope that sure wasn't me.
- This mama did not give her 6wk old daughter a bath & then to keep those cute curls staying curly spray her hair with hairspray. Now why would I do that???
- I most certainly did not spend 2 nights on the computer for hours at a time trying to complete my free Snapfish photo book - a gift from Oprah. (Yeah, you know Oprah and I go waaaay back.) Only to have my husband say to me after the 2ND night of this process "I really hate Oprah right now"
- After MOPS this past week the girls got sick. And this mama most certainly did not let them stay in their pj's all day, every day for the rest of the week. You're kidding me right, they didn't get dressed all week? Well, they did get dressed for the doctor but then upon returning home got back into pj's.
- And upon venturing out to the doctor's appointments this past week I did not loose control even when I had to get BOTH girls undressed, weighed and measured before they even saw the doctor. I really didn't loose control. But oh, boy if you could've seen what I looked like on the inside - it would've been C R A AAAAAA Z Y! Even the nurse was surprised at how "Calm & collected" I seemed to be with two sick & crying children.
- Wanting to capture all that is fall I most certainly did not have my husband rake all the leaves in our backyard into a pile so that I could take pictures of the girls. And I most certainly did not make Ellia get all bundled up in her cute pink hat just for pictures. And when she wouldn't stay in the leaves so we could take pictures I did not get frustrated. And then when it was Addie's turn for pictures I did not forget her coat or hat - only to realize it later when we downloaded pictures. Nope cause this mama has it all together & would never subject her children to this kinda of out landish behavior just for pictures.
- While laying in bed this mama did not begin obsessing over the dust on the ceiling fan when her husband was trying to kiss her & get romantic. (Because honestly who has the time to look straight up to the ceiling & focus on the ceiling fan other than when you're about to get romantic) Thus almost spoiling the mood.....I said almost. ;o)
- And finally - Today when we got ready to leave the house I did not forget my coat, my chap stick and my phone. (went back for phone - still forgot the coat) Nope cause this mama of two has got everything under control and always has her diaper bag & purse ready to go when she leaves. (Yeah right!)
2 comments:
Gina...I think you are reading my life book or something! I was in LOVE with Joey from NKOTB too! I never got to a concert of theirs but I would have loved to. And Bella is having ear troubles too...was diagnosed with a slight ear infection at her one year appt. I don't think she's quite over it yet. Are you sure you haven't been peaking in through my windows?!? *wink*
Wow, see we were meant to be at the same table at MOPS and be blogging buddies ;o)
Post a Comment