Monday, October 27, 2008

Not Me Monday!

This past week, no matter what anyone tells you to the contrary, I most certainly did not:

  • After visiting the doctor & using our new double stroller have a breakdown about the new stroller and how much I dislike it. With tears, snotty nose & everything right there in the doctors office. Only frustrating my husband who did all this research on the stroller and found it on ebay for hundreds of dollars less. Nope this wasn't me.
  • I did not ask my husband to change yesterday before going to church with my in laws because I felt he was "too dressed up". Only because I am 2.5 weeks post delivery and cannot fit any "normal" clothes. Which resulted in me having to wear jeans to church. (which at our church would've been okay, but at in laws church not such a good idea) I didn't want him to be all dressy, dressy and me look like a bum next to him.
  • This past week I did not get completely overwhelmed by the fact that my parents are coming for 3 whole weeks at Christmas. Which if you know my parents - you understand that this is a very LONG time. I love my parents, but come on can anyone live with their parents for 3 weeks - during the holidays??? Nope I am totally handling this like a champ.
  • I did not contemplate cutting my own hair this week. My hair is sooo long & my roots have at least 3 inches of grow out. So in a fit of frustration this week I almost certainly did not take out the scissors and think " I can do this, how hard can it be" - only to put them back in the drawer and walk away from mirror in a ponytail.
  • Our daughter Ellia did not find a dirty diaper of her sisters - and I mean "dirty" - and begin playing in it - even putting the wipes in her mouth - cause everything goes in her mouth. And how did she find this dirty diaper? - Couldn't have been because mommy forgot to put it in the diaper pail when she was done changing the baby. Nope cause this mommy's memory is 100% back to normal. Yeah Right - I wish.
  • Having struggles with the fact that our normal Thanksgiving plans might not work out this year. And if that happens to be the case I want to host Thanksgiving dinner at our house, but my MIL wants to host at her house. And cause I am soo stubborn & emotionally unstable I am not willing to back down yet......It's okay to be a bit stubborn & emotionally unstable still, right?
  • One more - just for MckMama - in her Not Me Monday post - she wondered about how much pee a diaper can hold...... A TON - but this mama isn't ready to tell just how she knows this - at least not yet. ;o)
Ahhh, it's been a crazy week here for Team Detlor. But this sure feels good.

3 comments:

Julie D. said...

oh no! those are good ones. Love the tears and snotty nose thing in the doctors office over the stroller. and yes, you can totally be stubborn and emotionally unstable. I've got drugs to fix it! ;) I'll give you at least another month before I start pushing my drugs on you though! ;) ha, ha!

Christabelle said...

I'm not sure if I told anyone this or not, but I actually cut my hair after Josias was born. He started pulling it, I hated it, we were headed out one day and while Daddy and Baby were in the car, I just hacked it off. My mom was so good, she evened it out later, but I must tell you, Bobby, to his credit, didn't say a word.

CulyQFun said...

Christabelle - Now that is a good husband.
Julie - I might be calling for those drugs or rather Bill might be calling.