It would appear that the Lord is working in my life in some very key areas.
1. Patience
2. Humility
I've always had a wee bit of a problem with patience and I just thought naturally it would come with children. And I have gained some that's for sure...but apparently not enough.
So our neighbors dog has begun barking and he barks ALL day long. I've had enough and urge/beg/plead with Bill to go talk to our neighbors. To let them know it's not okay to leave your dog in your yard, go off to work till 5:30 every night and let him bark all day. It is disruptive to whole neighborhood and Ellia is having hard time napping since the dog is right next door and echos throughout our house.
Bill's promises to go over there on his next day off. The day before his day off, I've reached my breaking point. I type up a anoymous letter and tape it to their door. In the letter I outline the barking and how it's become a nusiance. I even put in the letter the definition of nusiance. Feeling rather proud of myself and that it will stop the problem I rush out the door to run errands. Later that night my husband isn't very happy with my letter nor the fact that I didnt wait for him to handle the situation. I shrug it off and say "you aren't home all day with the barking dog"
Next day - Neighbor comes over to our house and asks if I know anything about the letter. My husband just looks at me with a smirk on his face like "how ya going to get out of this one honey".
I confess my authorship of the letter. She is understanding and promises to get a bark collar. Says next time please just come over and talk to us. After she leaves I feel like the biggest looser and I know the Lord just sent my neighbor to slap me upside the head.
Point is - I should've waited for my husband. Tough lessons to learn and not the funest way to learn them either. Good thing the Lord's not finished with me yet, Thank heavens!!
3 comments:
oh no! thats awful. Good that your neighbor was nice about it though. Nothin that some cookies won't fix! ;)...or maybe she owes YOU the cookies!
I'm sorry...I'm loving that you put the definition of 'nuisance' in your letter!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like something I would do...not that I'm PROUD of it...just nice to know I'm not the only one!! I also am profoundly grateful that God isn't done with ME either!!
I'm down with Julie...any type of baked goods will make your lettter go away...though really, they are lucky that it's YOU that wrote the letter and not someone else that doesn't feel bad about it.......she should know a baker's dozen is in order...
Oh my gosh Gina! That is hysterical. Isn't it funny how and when God decides to teach us lessons.
I have been on your neighbors side of things ( ex. the doggie daycare now calls my dog Sonic Boom because he "is such a handful" HA! Darnet) and it sounds like she is up for doing the right thing.
You make me laugh and I love your honesty:)
Post a Comment